Headphone confusion

winken

Mar 27, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500 fisher 1266x ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I would like to figure out my confusion with what brand of headphones do or do not turn off the internal speaker using the wireless module or plugging directly into the ctx 3030. I have been told by someone knowledgeable with the ctx that only one brand of headphone will turn off the internal speakers, I recently tried an old pair of Garrett headphones (maybe 10 years old) I got with my Garrett 2500 and they turned off the internal speakers, both with the wireless module and directly to the ctx. Does anyone know firsthand of a brand of headphones that do not turn off the internal speakers, that might be easier than to try to figure out which brand do turn it off.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want one that DOESN'T turn off the external speaker?? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
winken

winken

Mar 27, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500 fisher 1266x ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, sorry for the “confusion” cudamark, in my search for new headphones for my ctx I keep hearing that I should be careful to get the right ones that DO turn off the internal speakers. I emailed the company I bought my ctx from and was told only one brand the sun ray pro gold will turn off the speakers but since then I’ve found out that’s not so. As I said my old Garrett headphones turn off the speakers and I reached out to someone with black widow headphones and was told they also turn off the speakers. So I’m wondering how big of a problem the headphones turning off the speakers really is. I think it has something to do with the plug on the headphones but I’m not sure, I think most 1/4” plugs are the same but I don’t know. So I thought if someone knew firsthand of some headphones that did NOT turn off the speakers I would at least know what not to buy. Again sorry for the confusion, my wife always says I don’t communicate well.��

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread