Headphones

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of a brand that works best. I know it is also a personal choice as to comfort. I am thrilled with the comfort and quality of the DetectorPro types like the Black Widow and on the less expensive side the Jolly Roger. Killer Bee's are also very good. You should visit a dealer where you can try them on for fit and comfort.
http://www.detectorpro.com/blackwidow.htm

Attachments

• blackwidowfull.jpg
    blackwidowfull.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 437

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
I don't know of a brand the works best. I know it is also a personal choice as to comfort. I am thrilled with the comfort and quality of the DetectorPro types like the Black Widow and on the less expensive side the Jolly Roger. Killer Bee's are also very good. You should visit a dealer where you can try them on for fit and comfort.
http://www.detectorpro.com/blackwidow.htm

Ditto! It is REALLY about comfort. The sound quality in ALL earphones for our purposes is just about equal - from $29.99 to $199.99. The issue is comfort and cord length. I have a pair of $30.00 headphones from a no-name maker that I love, because they ride my ears like a lady in silk! - COMFORT! :headbang:

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
" because they ride my ears like a lady in silk!" .............thats the ones I want ;) Seriously, thanks for the info. I dont have a dealer near me so I will just have to take a bet. I've been using some a friend gave me that were with a Bounty Hunter when she got it. In fact they were Bounty Hunter brand and were comfortable but the wires broke inside the 1/4 in plug. I will likely go with the killer B based on what I read and price.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep this in mind when deciding on which headphones to get. The 'limiter' switch that comes on some models defeats the modulated tone on your detector (if it has a modulated tone) and turns it into a saturated tone making it impossible to determine if the target is shallow or deep by tone volume alone. I leave my 'limiter' switch in the off position on my Killer B's Wasp headphones. It's not really needed if you set the volume control correctly. Also, if your hearing is about the same in both ears don't spend the extra money on dual controls. Besides, its a needless pain in the butt to adjust both, especially if you don't really need it.

I wished that I had known the above info before I bought my headphones. :(

tabman

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
tabman said:
Keep this in mind when deciding on which headphones to get. The 'limiter' switch that comes on some models defeats the modulated tone on your detector (if it has a modulated tone) and turns it into a saturated tone making it impossible to determine if the target is shallow or deep by tone volume alone. I leave my 'limiter' switch in the off position on my Killer B's Wasp headphones. It's not really needed if you set the volume control correctly. Also, if your hearing is about the same in both ears don't spend the extra money on dual controls. Besides, its a needless pain in the butt to adjust both, especially if you don't really need it.

I wished that I had known the above info before I bought my headphones. :(

tabman
Thank you tabman, thats a wealth of info that I will certainly adhere to! Happy New Year :)

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just purchased the Grey Ghost originals online! Cant wait for them to get here, thanks for all your knowledge guys :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread