Headphones?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you have some hearing loss on one side or both get a pair with volume control on both sides.
Grey Ghost , Black Widow or Killer Bs are all top off the like .

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have some hearing loss on one side or both get a pair with volume control on both sides.
Grey Ghost , Black Widow or Killer Bs are all top off the like .

I looked at the grey Ghost and Black widow phones and am leaning towards the Grey Ghost Ultimates. What are all the knobs sticking out of the ear muff on the lack Widows? And, how long is the cord on each one? I don't want to get the phones pulled off every time zi lsy my DFX down to dig.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The switches on the Black Widows 1 is a limiter switch so loud shallow targets don`t blow your ear drums out.
I switch is a switch to make them compatable with all metal detectors.
Gary

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you already have some hearing loss, do not use headphones. Regardless of the brand, headphones can trash your hearing over the long term. Not worth the risk, in my opinion.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to think that you won't turn the volume up too high, but how high is too high? If the volume is too low, you'll miss out on those whisper signals. But if it's too high, kiss your hearing goodbye. Just my take on it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I really never used head phones and never missed them and have been hunting since the 1980's ..​My self i think they are a waste of money.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the SunRay Golds and really like them, plenty loud. I also got Doc's treasure screamer but that will definitely cause more hearing loss if not used properly.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hearing loss is from a combination of age and my career as a firefighter. Back in the day sirens were not directional and A/C in a firetruck was unheard of. So I was exposed to the siren's high pitch tones for 15 years before the advent of directional sound and A/C which allowed us to ride with the windows up.
I have been detecting since the mid 70s but did not use headphones until about 15 years ago. I don't have to turn the volume up as I can hear the signals just by omitting the background noise. Another benefit of headphones is longer battery life and they keep my ears warm in the winter and gnat free in the summer.:laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It's nice to think that you won't turn the volume up too high, but how high is too high? If the volume is too low, you'll miss out on those whisper signals. But if it's too high, kiss your hearing goodbye. Just my take on it.
That is right they will hurt your hearing .

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I don't use the headphones I will miss out on the faint signals anyway. I do appreciate the concern but my question was which headphones not whether to use them. The ones I use now are not even turned up halfway but, the cord has caught on so many obstacles that it has pulled loose and works infrequently.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Killer Bs and a wireless set up from Deteknix. It's a killer setup. You just hook the phones into a small receiver that goes in your pocket or wherever you choose. The small transmitter hooks into your machine. No more getting them yanked off your head. You can set your machine down to dig a signal and keep your phones on. Trust me it's worth its wait in gold....regardless which way you go with the brand of headphone.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the set up
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485968628.401585.jpg

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a good pair as well, I plan on driving 45 min to a Shop to see some in person.
Ill keep an eye on this thread until then.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions