Headphones?

Sondog

Greenie
Feb 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta Fors Relic, Makro Red Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started looking for Good headphones, I read a lot of posts, and the ones I saw that kept popping up were the Grey Ghost and the Pro Gold's.... My local dealer carries the Grey Ghosts, but I found a very nice pair of Pro Gold's on a forum for a great price, and bought them. I couldn't be happier, so I'm not trying any Grey Ghosts, LOL... I don't need to be spending any more money, in case I'm swayed.....

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And I just bought another of the Killer B's, standard version this time. Been using the Wasp model, but never needed the limiter switch. Just wanted a spare in case my Wasps do go down.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer B's..

Just wanted to pop this thread back up and add: if any Tesoro users are looking for great headphones, you don't need to look any further than the "standard" model Killer B's. Unless you're constantly crawling through a thicket or you have one bad ear, you don't need anything fancier than the KB's base model. The fancier model Killer B's have a better cord strain relief, or dual volume controls, or a limiter switch, or bigger cups (Hornet), or some combination of those. They all share the same quality cord though, and have the same Audiosears speakers and same leather headband and ear pads.

The least costly of the KB's is a great headphone for Tesoros, and probably all most of us need. Thought I'd mention that 'cause I started out with the "Wasp" model, but didn't need the limiter or dual volume controls. I recently bought the base model as a backup set, and found that it's lighter, cheaper, and all I'd need with a Tesoro.

BTW- the Sun Ray Pro Golds are made by John Smith, the same guy who makes Killer B's, but they're made with features to Sun Ray specs. They're pretty much the same headphone as the Killer B's Wasp, but instead of using locking toggles, they're standard ones with rubber dust boots on 'em, and they have Sun Ray's logo instead of Killer B's. They also have more features than a Tesoro user really needs.

Just get the base Killer B's. Great headphones and John Smith is a good guy to deal with for warranty repairs, if you ever do need 'em.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a recommendation by Stoofs, I purchased the base Killer B's, approx 3 months ago. Couldn't be happier. Wear headphones 100% of the time.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a good detecting headphone, built in USA..

On a recommendation by Stoofs, I purchased the base Killer B's, approx 3 months ago. Couldn't be happier. Wear headphones 100% of the time.

I wear 'em all the time too, even in places where I probably shouldn't.. Haven't stepped on a rattler or been molested by a bear yet though. :tongue3:

Only thing I dislike about the Killer B's is that my ears bake on hot days. Otherwise, they're very comfortable and I enjoy their clear, high pitch audio with all my Tesoros.

I like the Killer B's so much that I not only bought a new set of the standard ones for backup (which I like as much or more than the Wasp I have), but I just bought another few sets of various used Killer B's to clean up for my kids to use.

John Smith, the maker of Killer B's, is pretty speedy with warranty repairs (to original, registered owner) and he's willing to repair the used ones I bought if they need any fixin' (for a charge, of course). He just sent me a few pair of new replacement leather ear pads that I can put on the used headphones I bought. They're $20 a pair, if anyone needs 'em, which is cheaper than buying the same thing from Pro Ears.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put that Nebut Putter on bread and cap it with a fresh Nabanner and maybe some jelly.:laughing9:
Marvin

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grey Ghost Headphones and Garrett wireless setup...a wonderful non-tethered experience. :icon_thumleft:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grey Ghost Headphones and Garrett wireless setup...a wonderful non-tethered experience. :icon_thumleft:

I was thinking about shortening the cord on some used Killer B's I bought, and putting the Garrett receiver in my shirt pocket. Sure would be nice to go wireless!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread