Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well for us anyway. Up around 80 most days which is a little warm up here, and feels hotter at altitude. So I'm takin a lot of water pics, and we have a lot due to snow melt, but the fire danger went to high today. Camped up along the Williams Fork last night where it was 82, and then 54 at 4a.m., which I believe is the warmest night I've ever had camping here in the high country.

Attachments

• 6-20a.jpg
    6-20a.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 6-21a.jpg
    6-21a.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 6-21b.jpg
    6-21b.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 6-21c.jpg
    6-21c.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 6-21d.jpg
    6-21d.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 51

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, you DO have some melt! Those streams look like they'd be so noisy you couldn't hear that bear sneaking up on you:laughing7:. More beautiful scenery from you. Please keep sharing with us. I love your campsites!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
BREATHTAKING!!

That 3rd pic looks like it might have been an old mine site. Are those floats in the 1st pic? Too bad they're there - photo would have been "PERFECTION" otherwise. Still, suitable for framing, and I don't mean in a Wal-Mart frame, either!!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the first pics kcm that's a fence line and those are the tops of the posts. Usually not that much water there. After I came back home this a.m. we ran over to Leadville lookin around. That's where the 3rd pic was taken. No mining activity right in the pic, but there is just to the left and right of it. Climax mine is north of that spot up on the pass. And OD, very good reason I do not camp next to running water if I can help it. One thing, I always have bad dreams when I have to camp close to water, I don't know why. Think about it, and you are much better off for many reasons campin about a 100 yards back from the water, on higher ground if possible.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I spent a whole summer camping by those beaver dams below climax. Great memories. We buried a beaver by the road. That wasn't a good memory. There are some great old mining structures up on the west side from those dams. That is a great place to romp around. I love seeing the pictures. I miss Leadville!!! I can't believe the heat up here also. Lets hope for no fires. Lots of lightning up here yesterday.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread