Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the conditions you are describing you may want to check out scoops made by the caterpillar manufacturing company. They are a little heavy but, I'm sure they will get through the gravel and rock you are describing.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just did a search and couldent find what you described ? ...it gave me a link right back to this post. :help:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never used one but those SunSpot scoops look pretty tough. Maybe someone one here can give a review.

Good luck

NJ

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kieser sousa/rip said:
Just did a search and couldent find what you described ? ...it gave me a link right back to this post. :help:
I think he was joking, here is the only caterpillar scoop that i'm familiar with-

asp_resize_edit.jpg

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used many different scoops and have settled on the Sunspot Stealth for most bottom conditions. They hold up great and I've never broken a handle.

http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
I've never used one but those SunSpot scoops look pretty tough. Maybe someone one here can give a review.

Good luck

NJ
Sandman said:
I've used many different scoops and have settled on the Sunspot Stealth for most bottom conditions. They hold up great and I've never broken a handle.

http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html

Thanks y'all...appretiate it :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman is dead on 99.99 % of the time!! But the Miller maybe another op for gravel, pebbles... bigger stones...not sure

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OBN said:
Sandman is dead on 99.99 % of the time!! But the Miller maybe another op for gravel, pebbles... bigger stones...not sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzFvo-Jt8Oc

Nice scoop...that one looks like it would definately do well in gravel.

I laughed when they stated that 1/2 an ounce of Gold is about $200 worth. I may look back at the historic price of gold just to date the video.

NJ

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN.... can you still get a Miller scoop?? I know a few people who have them, but they aint letting go of them. I also noticed those guys are sure working close together with their detectors. What detectors were they using?

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread