kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.I'm looking to buy a scoop and need something that will work well in the rivers in upstate NY.... mostly gravel and cobble stone bottom.I just ordered the leache raven and was thinking that something similar in a scoop would be great...any sugestions ideas ? thanks ! :help:

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the conditions you are describing you may want to check out scoops made by the caterpillar manufacturing company. They are a little heavy but, I'm sure they will get through the gravel and rock you are describing.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just did a search and couldent find what you described ? ...it gave me a link right back to this post. :help:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never used one but those SunSpot scoops look pretty tough. Maybe someone one here can give a review.

Good luck

NJ

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kieser sousa/rip said:
Just did a search and couldent find what you described ? ...it gave me a link right back to this post. :help:
I think he was joking, here is the only caterpillar scoop that i'm familiar with-

asp_resize_edit.jpg

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used many different scoops and have settled on the Sunspot Stealth for most bottom conditions. They hold up great and I've never broken a handle.

http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
I've never used one but those SunSpot scoops look pretty tough. Maybe someone one here can give a review.

Good luck

NJ
Sandman said:
I've used many different scoops and have settled on the Sunspot Stealth for most bottom conditions. They hold up great and I've never broken a handle.

http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html

Thanks y'all...appretiate it :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman is dead on 99.99 % of the time!! But the Miller maybe another op for gravel, pebbles... bigger stones...not sure

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OBN said:
Sandman is dead on 99.99 % of the time!! But the Miller maybe another op for gravel, pebbles... bigger stones...not sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzFvo-Jt8Oc

Nice scoop...that one looks like it would definately do well in gravel.

I laughed when they stated that 1/2 an ounce of Gold is about $200 worth. I may look back at the historic price of gold just to date the video.

NJ

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN.... can you still get a Miller scoop?? I know a few people who have them, but they aint letting go of them. I also noticed those guys are sure working close together with their detectors. What detectors were they using?

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread