heavy metal buried on beach

rocny

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this iron "thing" burried about a foot + under the sand at a local beach in San Luis Obispo. I know there are stories of treasures etc. around here. What I exposed is about 2 feet long, almost a foot across and on the side it's at last 6 or so inches showing. I did not have the time or tools to dig it fully. It is more covered than uncovered and has to weigh hundreds of pounds. There seem to be grooved slots over the top of it. Maybe for rope? Is this a piece of an old ship? The end of it is flat, the top has the rounded grooves. What the heck is it? Did I leave my retirement fund buried at the beach? It would be quite a job even moving it if it wasn't buried over a foot down. Its pretty much near the water so it was probably exposed years ago before it got covered by sand. UNLESS it was purposely buried. It is pretty much aiming at the towards the water but not perfectly. It's just massive.

Attachments

• CIMG4970.JPG
    CIMG4970.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
  • CIMG4969.JPG
    CIMG4969.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 120

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks like the top of a capstan. Those things are HUGE!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! You poor lost soul's. I'm going to need some bigger tool's here. I'm still using a shovel. I guess I'm just not up with these modern times like you folk's are. Ha Ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions