Kybuck

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st finds.JPG Hi all, I am a noob, and the bug bit me. I picked up a used 202 yesterday. I have been shopping for a used md for several weeks. After hitting on several spots in my yard to no avail, I have dug up three pieces so far. The two rings are washers from a blue tarp. The handcuffs are a toy made in Taiwan. I am still stoked to find these. It let me know that the 202 is working and I will find good stuff soon enough. I plan to upgrade soon, but am happy learning with the 202. I am in all metal mode, with sensitivity set at 2-3, disc. set at about 11 o'clock.

OP
OP
K

Kybuck

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Firemac. I did find a coin today when I was able to spend a few more minutes at it. It is just a 1970 D cent, but it's a start.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome KyBuck, I'd recommend you keep the disc below a nickel. I'm not sure where your setting lies, but wave some items (Nickel, gold ring, etc.) under the coil to determine if they are outside of your discrimination.

Wayne

www.MetalDetectingStuff.com

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any penny is a good find even if it is a Zincalon!

Wayne at Metal Detecting Stuff has given you some solid information as once you test your machines discrimination for where certain items are excluded then you will be able to gain some valuable information just by switching your discrimination to those areas where you know certain items are discriminated out, but work in all metal mode then get a target hit then adjust discrimination to determine when the target drops out.

All detectors require their owners a certain amount of "Learning Curve Time" in order to understand 'better' what the machine is telling them. With even more time on your machine you will become even better with it.

Good Success with the learning and the hunting...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
K

Kybuck

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. It was a lot of fun digging up these items. I look forward to spending many hours this year with my hands in the dirt. Wayne, thanks for the valuable information. 63bkpkr, thank you, I agree about the learning curve. I had read quite a bit about metal detecting before I purchased this 202, but reading and executing are two very different things. Thanks again all, and I will post my good finds in the years to come.

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wellcome kybuck any find is a good find, some are better than others. but the thrill of the hunt is as good as the find.

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kybuck & welcome to treasurenet!

Just hang in there it takes a bit to understand what your detector is telling you and all that it can tell you. I saw the handcuff and was wondering what kind of story could have been behind that find until I read your post. lol

I got my new metal detector at Thanksgiving and got back into the hobby. I have only had the time to get out a few times with the weather cooperating to find anything. My last two outings I found four & five coins respectively. I'm digging a lot less trash now. So I'm feeling pretty good about learning what my machine is telling me. I look forward to your future posts in "Todays Finds".

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello again Ky buck just thought i would ask what part of western Ky are you in? I;m looking for friends in Ky i;m in the middle by e town.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Corning NY!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread