Hello Everyone

Mack67

Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Mack and new here. I don't own any type of metal detector and joined coz I have the opportunity to work in Indonesia for a year. I want to purchase and take with me a metal detector. I don't have a lot of room in my luggage and will leave soon. I will focus on rivers. So if any one has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your wisdom. Thank you :hello2:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Mack!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

I hunt creeks and rivers and use a Garrett AT Pro, which is waterproof as deep as I want to go without scuba gear. It collapses down pretty well, but you will want a hard case suitcase regardless. Waterproof headphones are an option I'd also recommend, and a pin pointer (again, Garrett's orange one is awesome). You'll want some sort of small scoop in water -- a hard plastic one might serve there, as it is light and portable.

What I just suggested isn't cheap, but will work well. You definitely want to check the law in Indonesia though -- not a place to get sideways with the rules!

Good luck!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett AT Pro as Javadroid suggested, or Tesoro TIGER Shark (waterproof to 200'), or Minelab Equinox (waterproof to 12'). Welcome from NY!:skullflag:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other note -- there are some popular new machines out (especially the Equinox 800...), so you can probably pick up a used AT Pro at a decent price as folks are upgrading. Just a thought.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet Mack.
May I suggest the Minelab Equinox 600 for your trip.
Best of luck in Indo.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The best water detector you can take is the At PRO. No others touch it. Good luck.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett AT pro is awesome and light. Make sure you go detecting with a local. India and Indonesia may cause you some issues with locals. They are very curious, protective and possibly interested in cashing in on your machine.

OP
OP
M

Mack67

Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! thanks for all the tips and warm welcome. Seems like the AT pro is the way to go. Since I don't have much time until my departure, I'll have to move on your suggestions rather quickly. Detecting was an after thought once I landed the contract.
Any suggestions on purchasing the Pro? Any thoughts about pointers like Whites bulls eye TRX, vibra tector 740, TEK-Point or land or sea pin pointer?
I'll be sure to send photos later of any finds and locations, in case someone here wants to go exploring.
Thanks in advance

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :hello:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome ! if your still looking, you can

Make a Wanted Post Here Treasure Related Stuff Wanted

You don't Need to be a Charter Member to Post Wanted Posts.

If it won't let you Post There.

Make a Post in Here
General Discussion

Then Let me Know... and and I will move it in
the Treasure Related Stuff Wanted section for You !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread