Hello from a new guy

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Hello Rwells. I would suggest you try searching on Google for the state where you live for local organizations to join. I post here, but I am also a member of a more local gold prospecting group called Eastern US prospectors, which has events, a store, member get togethers, etc, and covers my state of SC plus NC, GA and associated states.

Also if you post what state you are looking for here, I am sure many people will be glad to help you find that information. Before I found Eastern US Prospectors, I was one of the only people in a hundred miles who I could find that was prospecting, now I got several buddies locally and we always do stuff on the weekends. But there's plenty of great advice and information to be found here as well, plus some great stories.

OP
OP
R

rwells

Jun 27, 2009
Springfield Missouri
Thanks for the tip. I am from Missouri. Not much going on here. I would like to travel, camp or attend some club outtings in Colorado, or western states. Maybe even partner up with someone. Trade labor for the experience. Don't have much to offer but willingness to learn. Like to learn enough to strike out on my own some day. Thanks to all.
Rick

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi New guy,

I would suggest you join the GPAA. That way if you travel you will have their mining guide to find where they have claims. Here in the Black Hills of South Dakota they have four claims. I have been to three of them, but I have my own claims so I don't go to them often. There is also a prospecting club here with members all over the country. They have six or seven claims here in the Hills. Allso The GPAA has claims in many states east and west. Hope this is helpful. Too bad digging season is about over.

Good Luck
BH Prospector

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello rwells,
Like you've been warned gold fever is catching. Also as was indicated it is quite a kick. I started out finding little flakes and then I would be distracted by fishing for trout. This continued till I found my first "small nuggets" then I purchased a small dredge to go along with my pan, shoulda stuck with just the pan. This year I finally fell into a spot with a few nuggets and it was a true rush to see nuggets in the pan as well as in the sluice, even the GMT found some.

Also, like has been suggested earlier, check for clubs near you before you go wandering way out west. A lot of the 49ers came out here to get wealthy and didn't and it is no different now. Check out the YouTube videos by flagold, you can find them at his site treasuresites.com under films & forum, you have to dig a little but you will eventually find them. Just some interesting footage or short snippets of his hunting and finds, he throws in a few good tips every now and then.

I have friends in Nixa. Good luck on your search, stay in touch, Regards 63bkpkr

Attached is a picture of the gold from one of my trips this summer

Attachments

• 183_8305.JPG
    183_8305.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 183_8305.JPG
    183_8305.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 298

sniper100

Jan 1, 2010
The history of gold, in all of the known world started with every single trace of gold being found only in the state of Kentucky, (little known fact). Then one day, in the middle of the night, millions of years ago a huge rock from outerspace was bumped by another huge rock sending one of the rocks on a crash course for central Kentucky. When it hit, all of the dinosaurs were killed along with the deer from my hunting lease and a few large bass from the places I fish. The gold was blown to smotherines and shot into the sky. Once into the sky, the wind generated from all of the creatures running away caused the gold to scatter in all directions. This gold went so high the earth made a complete rotation scattering the gold around the world as it fell back to the ground. That is why Alaska got so much of the gold because it was just spinning around up there where the rest of the world was turning. When the gold landed it was discovered that none of the gold landed from where it started, due to the blast force. If you understand all that you understand why you can't find gold in Kentucky. Oh ya, Hawaii didn't get any gold because it wasn't a state back then so don't go looking for it there. Any place else you can go out to your flower bed and scoop up the dirt and find flakes, just not in Kentucky. I like to think about it as God's Easter egg hunt that Kentucky wasn't invited too. Happy hunting.
Blackhartedbob

OP
OP
R

rwells

Jun 27, 2009
Springfield Missouri
Thanks to all who replied. I will join the GPAA and gain what I can there. I like the S Dakota Black Hills idea. I have read a bit about it. That is closer and might work out better. I'll try to contact a club in that area.

My son is in the air force in Mountain Home Idaho and I hear there is a lot of prospecting and activity going on in and around Boise ID. I don't thinks this is for the money, but mainly just something new to try. I like backpacking, camping and being outdoors and this seems to fit.

Thanks again
Rick

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi rwells,

Go to gpoc.com and check out a Colorado Springs Club. Club has quite a few claims available to members as well as other areas open for prospecting.

Goldenlady

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Good choice. Join the GPAA for the wide range of area it covers and look for a local club for a specific area. Can't go wrong with the people you'll meet. The Bosie area has a lot of gold areas and there's at least one local club there. Doug.

OP
OP
R

rwells

Jun 27, 2009
Springfield Missouri
Thanks guys for all the tips. I think I'll try South Dakota first. Got pleanty of places I'd like to see in that area. My son says several of the guys on his fighter base in Mountain Home Idaho hunt around the Boise area with some good luck. I like to say is not really the money, but the adventure. I read lots of stories and would like to see what is really going on. This is a good forum and lots of good info.
Rick

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
sniper100 said:
The history of gold, in all of the known world started with every single trace of gold being found only in the state of Kentucky, (little known fact). Then one day, in the middle of the night, millions of years ago a huge rock from outerspace was bumped by another huge rock sending one of the rocks on a crash course for central Kentucky. When it hit, all of the dinosaurs were killed along with the deer from my hunting lease and a few large bass from the places I fish. The gold was blown to smotherines and shot into the sky. Once into the sky, the wind generated from all of the creatures running away caused the gold to scatter in all directions. This gold went so high the earth made a complete rotation scattering the gold around the world as it fell back to the ground. That is why Alaska got so much of the gold because it was just spinning around up there where the rest of the world was turning. When the gold landed it was discovered that none of the gold landed from where it started, due to the blast force. If you understand all that you understand why you can't find gold in Kentucky. Oh ya, Hawaii didn't get any gold because it wasn't a state back then so don't go looking for it there. Any place else you can go out to your flower bed and scoop up the dirt and find flakes, just not in Kentucky. I like to think about it as God's Easter egg hunt that Kentucky wasn't invited too. Happy hunting.
Blackhartedbob

Kentucky was gifted by God with Bluegrass and bourbon, instead! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions