Hello from El Dorado County, CA!

Hickory Joe

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
El Dorado County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to join the community here. I've been prospecting rivers and creeks around Northern California for about 5 years now using good ol' tried-and-true methods of panning, sluicing, crevicing and just started sniping. Everything about this hobby keeps me coming back for more, from the exploration to the extreme physical activity (I say that until my back goes out on me) and of course that yellow stuff!

I look forward to getting to know you all, learning new things and sharing stories:icon_thumright:

Regards,
Joe

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Hickory Joe from Southern Louisiana! Looking forward to seeing that gold you find. I admire obsessed gold panners, you guys are the real deal. Much respect[emoji1148]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hickory Joe

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
El Dorado County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you! The pan is the foundation of prospecting. I will admit though that my fever is turning my attention to detecting now, the pan just aint cutting it anymore.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Forum from Northern Alabama! I’ve always wanted to do what you’ve done the pass 5 years in Cal, maybe some day. Good luck to you!

OP
OP
H

Hickory Joe

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
El Dorado County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the Forum from Northern Alabama! I’ve always wanted to do what you’ve done the pass 5 years in Cal, maybe some day. Good luck to you!

I have family that live in Florence, AL. They still try to convince me to move out there, but I can't see myself leaving this place. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you! The pan is the foundation of prospecting. I will admit though that my fever is turning my attention to detecting now, the pan just aint cutting it anymore.

Well I tell you I’m not proud of this, but it’s true, 13 years ago I was was/am a alcoholic,addict AND a semi high roller gambler and I can tell you they have nothing on detecting. I do my obsession like I did my addictions EVERYDAY. I spent 10 years bored out of my mind in life. I started 3 years ago and it’s the best addiction I ever had. My wife already realizes the odds of me dying with a MD in my hands are 50/50. Lol

You already have the work ethic, and desire to find, so I can’t wait to to see what you find on your journey.

OP
OP
H

Hickory Joe

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
El Dorado County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I tell you I’m not proud of this, but it’s true, 13 years ago I was was/am a alcoholic,addict AND a semi high roller gambler and I can tell you they have nothing on detecting. I do my obsession like I did my addictions EVERYDAY. I spent 10 years bored out of my mind in life. I started 3 years ago and it’s the best addiction I ever had. My wife already realizes the odds of me dying with a MD in my hands are 50/50. Lol

You already have the work ethic, and desire to find, so I can’t wait to to see what you find on your journey.

I appreciate that, those are some heartfelt words.

I seems to be very addicting, that's why I haven't takin the plunge yet. I'm the type that once I get into something, it takes over me, obsessed is a good word.

I'll keep you posted Truth.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! I think you're gonna like it here.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate that, those are some heartfelt words.

I seems to be very addicting, that's why I haven't takin the plunge yet. I'm the type that once I get into something, it takes over me, obsessed is a good word.

I'll keep you posted Truth.

Yeah I think we’re both compelled to work hard as I lay in bed soaking myself in Tiger balm. Keep me posted my friend. IMG_0002.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread