Hello from NY

Bud-J

Greenie
Apr 25, 2023
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi to all. Am a new member that is just getting back into detecting after a 15 year absence.

I used to own a Whites D?…sorry, forgot the model #. Had a lot of great times with it but stopped due to living in a very heavily congested area and was relegated to mainly sports and tots fields. So although I had some decent finds, it was just a LOT of trash to keep with it.

Anyway, I’m retired now and have moved to a very rural area and decided to give it another try.
Like many, I have debated on which detector to get and although I believe in getting the “best”, I’ve decided to go dirt cheap for now.

I suffer from arthritis in my hands, shoulders, knees & hips and although getting down on my knees is doable, it’s the getting UP that’s the hard part. I also have had a bad lower back for the last 40 years. So in lieu of this, I decided it’s better to just go cheap to see if I can manage detecting.
I do remember that 20 years ago I had a difficult time detecting with my back BUT after hunting for about a month, my lower back pain was completely gone. So hoping that may help again.

While shopping now, I was initially looking at the Legend or the Nox 600 but then felt better to look into the Simplex. But last night after having trouble getting off the floor, I just felt it better to go even cheaper.
So, am looking forward to starting again and hopefully will be able to stay with it. If all goes well, I will definitely upgrade to a high-end unit.
We will see.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all. Am a new member...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Bud Hope you like it here . Was the model DFX ?

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from North Carolina! Good luck with working out the kinks detecting. I too am retired and while often not easy to do, I find both the physical and mental rewards of getting up and down with my detector beneficial.

OP
OP
Bud-J

Bud-J

Greenie
Apr 25, 2023
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Bud Hope you like it here . Was the model DFX ?
Yep, it was the DFX-300. I also had the 6” Shooter Coil but mainly used the stock 11”? Coil.
Had the bulls-eye pin pointer which was an excellent pointer.

OP
OP
Bud-J

Bud-J

Greenie
Apr 25, 2023
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Carolina! Good luck with working out the kinks detecting. I too am retired and while often not easy to do, I find both the physical and mental rewards of getting up and down with my detector beneficial.
Agree. My new detector (cheap) came yesterday and I did about 20 holes. I made sure to only go down to one knee or just bent over sometimes.
Like I mentioned in my original post, have had tremendous back pain since I was a teenager but will always remember how great my back felt after detecting for awhile.
But today, I am SURPRISED that my back feels better after ONE day. Still fighting the arthritis in the hips but hoping detecting will loosen that up a bit.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread