Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold_miners_in_Alaska.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome! I'm from Southwest Virginia, and there is gold here. The best advice right now is just do it! There's plenty of Youtube videos out there with tips on where to hunt, how to pan, and it's really not that difficult.

It's just a matter of getting out and doing it. And don't allow yourself to get frustrated. I know I haven't found color in my streams yet, but there's been plenty black sand. I don't really expect to find a whole lot, but I do expect to find some color.

Just settle for your pans right now. Don't go buying sluices and other tools until you're satisfied that they really will be of benefit.

OP
OP
shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I am also from SW Va. Roanoke area. I know there have been some gold mines in the area and our location looks promising. Lots of quartz and mica. We also have two creeks on the property, so we'll see what happens!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread