typeo1313

Greenie
May 28, 2014
⚀ ⚂ ⚀ ⚂
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 350, PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to pony up and start posting. I'm BJ from RI. I've recently added this to the list of other expensive hobbies I am in (photography, guns, scotch) so my wife is "thrilled" to say the least.

I started detecting about 2 months now. I started with the Ace 350 and was happy with it, but found a good trade deal to upgrade to a like new AT Pro so I hopped on it. If nails were quarters I'd have enough money to fix my states budget problem, but those meatheads would just rack the bill back up. I haven't found anything too spectacular yet but I have found some interesting stuff. I belong to a private club that has over 100 acres of old farm land, so I'll be pretty busy just on that alone. So far I've found to sites where there were previous homes.

Favorite finds are a silver spoon that was made by a guy that happened to be born in the town I live in. I found what I believe is a cobblers tool on Monday and today (well yesterday as it's after 12:00) I found my first horseshoe witch is something I've been wanting to find.

Here's the old spoon. It was made sometime between 1820-1852

20140411_123945_zps9c4kxha2.jpg

20140411_123924_zpsow3cupb8.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

nfdk2002

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for some new spots in Rhode Island to hunt, anyone want to share a spot with me?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions