Hello from Western Pa

Nanna

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. First I want to say thank you for this site, it is wonderful. Yep another newbie here that got a detector for Christmas. I got a Bounty Hunter IV . I guess everyone got tired of hearing me say Wow I bet that would be a good place to go metal detecting. My grandfather always called me the little rooter, I was always rooting in drawers, and the cellar. Then My brother in law introduced me to digging up bottles, had a lot of fun with that to. I am getting somewhat familiar with my metal detector, I have taken it out in the yard, found a few things nails and such. I do have a few places in mind and a lot of questions. Old foundations in the woods, do you need permission to hunt there? And what about where they took out towns to put highways in, can you look there on the side of the road and into now wooded areas but where houses use to be. I have been reading posts here on the site and learning alot.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Nanna from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Forum: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois.🙋

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Conshohocken Pa. Tracker4 is good machine to start with here is my Finds first time out with it back in the summer 74A14B30-0C84-4769-9F38-CEB4A468797B.jpeg and you will dig a lot of trash,but also a lot of good finds.Good Luck and HH

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

OP
OP
N

Nanna

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info on the PA forum. I will diffentaly take a look at that.

OP
OP
N

Nanna

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conshohocken,,,,,went there Moravian mission settlements there? And, nice finds for your first time out. Hopefully that will rub off a little lol

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most areas that don't have a trespass sign is cool gotta use good judgement parks, schools old house foundations are killer. You will love this hobby Ill be Rooten for ya. Ask questions read the owners manual and practice you need a pin pointer I recommend a lesch digging tool there very strong... Happy hunting post your finds too!!!!Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome also from MI, Tommy

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan. I have cousins in the Pittsburg PA area, family was from Windber, PA
:occasion14: :headbang:

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site from middle Georgia. Hope you check out the "Brands" section in the Metal Detecting Forum and there is a section on Bounty Hunter, and you'll find lots of questions and answers in the database on your machine. Plus you can add or ask questions to pay it forward to help others new to the sport. I know you'll find some great areas if you take the time and remember to get permission if you think you may be on someone else's land so you don't get a bad rep in your area. Happy hunting and once again, welcome!

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N
Conshohocken,,,,,went there Moravian mission settlements there? And, nice finds for your first time out. Hopefully that will rub off a little lol
Never have heard of Moravian settlements in this area before but will look into it. I wanted to get out today to a place named Camp Discharge that I just recently was made aware of but just coming off double ankle injury and today is first day walking with minimal pain so didn’t think it was wise I want to hunt so bad I am ready to detect the walls in my house just to hear some tones lol.Again good luck on your hunts and like me you will be looking to upgrade your Detector in 1 to 2 months HH

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread