Hello, I am a newbie. My first metal detector.

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Live in Wisconsin. I just ordered the garrett AT Gold and with the BOGO deal, i also ordered the MP3 pro metal detector for an extra $55 for my 7 year old daughter. Hey it's cheap. Hope i chose the right one between the AT pro and the AT gold. I know i won't be doing any gold prospecting in Wisconsin, but i also won't be swimming in any Sea water either. i chose the Gold because than i have a chance at detecting small earrings(maybe some with diamonds or just gold studs). Wisconsin has a lot of different types of ground and the AT gold should help with that. I also think the depth should be better too. Please let me know what you guys think. Any reviews on either detector would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Les

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania! Both Garrett's are great MD's.

OP
OP
L

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I was also wondering about the mp3 detector. Any knowledge or reviews on that? I am having problems finding reviews.

Thanks again,
Les

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't speak for the MP3, but you have done your research on the AT Gold. It will work extremely well for finding gold jewelry, coins and silver and prospecting for subgram gold. As you mentioned, it's not a good choice for saltwater beaches.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
L

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! Still waiting for the detectors to arrive.... The at gold is on backorder. Sucks big time waiting. This is worse than Christmas morning when you are 7 years old. Thank the maker we just got another snow storm to ease the pain.

OP
OP
L

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, just to let you know. When i was 7 years old. I was awaiting for the Nintendo. Just so you guys know what my anxious level is at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread