Hello. I would like to know if anybody has any information on this drawing that I have. It is a real drawing and not a print.

Southpaw1232

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2024
1000003546.jpg
1000003575.jpg
1000003580.jpg
1000003576.jpg

Upvote 12

Bernitup

Dec 8, 2016
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bernitup

Dec 8, 2016
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!
Yeah, for sure! Gala Dali was Salvador's wife and there is plenty of artwork centered around her….his muse of sorts for a period of time…I suppose…. So, this may have something to do with that category….

If that is indeed a real drawing, those fetch nice prices, 60k, 70k, 100k, +++ etc… Definitely get it checked out!

Bernitup

Dec 8, 2016
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, for sure! Gala Dali was Salvador's wife and there is plenty of artwork centered around her….his muse of sorts for a period of time…I suppose…. So, this may have something to do with that category….

If that is indeed a real drawing, those fetch nice prices, 60k, 70k, 100k, +++ etc… Definitely get it checked out!
This piece is far out and reminds me of his lobster phone…craziness! Good luck, I hope it’s a winner for you!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a lithograph print, how are you so sure it is a drawing?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks very much like one of Dali's stone lithograph "bulletism" works from the late 40's. .Those are very rare and valuable. It looks like an original except 99% of them you find in the wild are fakes. Dali is the most faked artist in history. For that reason alone closer inspection is needed and several expert opinions will be needed if the first expert considers it genuine.

There are some things you can do to help see if it's genuine without calling for a Dali expert.

Have you dismounted the print and checked for a watermark? It's a quick check when examining Dali lithos and something an owner can easily do. Hold the paper up to a light and look for a faint Infinity symbol or Arches design somewhere in the weave of the paper itself - not the artwork.

Using a 10 power magnifier look at the surface of the print. Do you see a repeating dot pattern? If so it's not genuine.

Measure the size of the original print very carefully. Note any uneven edges or out of square cuts. Size matters with lithos.

It is very odd that it's signed twice with two different dates 1947 and 1950.. Being a stone lithograph it's unlikely it was printed from twice. The stones for the lithos are usually cleaned and reground to be used for different new prints. Good litho stones of size are not cheap so they are usually recycled many times.
I'm not a Dali signature expert by any means but I've owned and handled 100's of the genuine article and both Dali signatures as well as the crown are "right" but they look forced, like someone took a lot of time getting the proportions right. Almost too perfect. That's not very Dali like in my experience but then he was a pretty weird guy who was obsessed with his signature so who knows?

Good luck, I hope you've got the real thing. :thumbsup:

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah that cool, you have it, but where when and how did u get it? I'd consider that before inspecting it too closely

OP
OP
S

Southpaw1232

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2024
It looks very much like one of Dali's stone lithograph "bulletism" works from the late 40's. .Those are very rare and valuable. It looks like an original except 99% of them you find in the wild are fakes. Dali is the most faked artist in history. For that reason alone closer inspection is needed and several expert opinions will be needed if the first expert considers it genuine.

There are some things you can do to help see if it's genuine without calling for a Dali expert.

Have you dismounted the print and checked for a watermark? It's a quick check when examining Dali lithos and something an owner can easily do. Hold the paper up to a light and look for a faint Infinity symbol or Arches design somewhere in the weave of the paper itself - not the artwork.

Using a 10 power magnifier look at the surface of the print. Do you see a repeating dot pattern? If so it's not genuine.

Measure the size of the original print very carefully. Note any uneven edges or out of square cuts. Size matters with lithos.

It is very odd that it's signed twice with two different dates 1947 and 1950.. Being a stone lithograph it's unlikely it was printed from twice. The stones for the lithos are usually cleaned and reground to be used for different new prints. Good litho stones of size are not cheap so they are usually recycled many times.
I'm not a Dali signature expert by any means but I've owned and handled 100's of the genuine article and both Dali signatures as well as the crown are "right" but they look forced, like someone took a lot of time getting the proportions right. Almost too perfect. That's not very Dali like in my experience but then he was a pretty weird guy who was obsessed with his signature so who knows?

Good luck, I hope you've got the real thing. :thumbsup:
Thank you very much for the information. I did look at it with a 10 power magnifier. It does not have the repeating dots. I will definitely get it checked out with others.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
If its real. it could be worth estimate between 8000 and million USD. Salvador Dali was a prolific artist. not exactly rare. His paintings not counting the famous ones go from between 3 and 4 million are worth much more than drawings. A drawing depending on subject matter range from 8000 to million plus dollars that was based on similar drawings on the market.

Here is link below in Euro that gives you an estimate of his works.

Christies Auction house

This however does not take in account a bidding war on an item.

Crow

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2138400 You can see where it looks like he sketched with a pencil a bit.
Those could be scratches on the lithograph stone itself, or sometimes artists went back into a print and added stuff by hand later, or for planning in-between printing layers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread