Hello, new hobbyist here, reporting in

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I have only just recently begun using a metal detector, and I love it. I currently am using a White's Prism 3, and it is working great on the beach near home. I dont seem to get much out of it on the wet sand, but in the dry sand, it is excellent.

Anyhow, I wanted to stop in and show my finds for the last 10 days or so. This is the list, and the pictures are below.

Thanks for looking :),
Anthony

77 Quarters
86 Dimes
58 Nickels
239 Pennies
2 small Diamond Rings
3 other rings, none seem to be valuable
8 earrings, one is silver(maybe 2)
1 Golden Pendant(i am itching to have the metal tested)
Pewter Redskins Helmet Keychain Charm
And a few other odd trinkets

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 693
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 690
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Welcome to TNET, pull up a chair and stay for a while... Awesome finds for 10 days, how many hours did you hunt? No oceans in Utah for some strange reason so I love to drool over beach finds of other tnet members. Keep the posts coming...Ryan

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I spend a good bit of time out on the beach, and if i were to estimate, id say in the ballpark of 30-40 hours in those 10 days. I work full time(or am supposed to) during the week, and on weekends, the beach is too packed to hunt during the day. so I hunt evenings/nights as I am able. Have met many people around low tidaes int he water with some incredible finds. I cant wait til I find enough to buy one of those shiney detectors that work well in watery areas.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
wow that is great. I've hunted many hours on the beaches in Fl and NJ and haven't found one real piece of jewelry yet in the dry sand. Maybe where you are no one hunts the dry stuff.

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard. Since you are in Virginia, where are your civil war artifacts? I'll trade you Chattanooga and throw in all of Georgia for a place to live in Virginia. ;D

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
You are off to to a great start. I wish I could spend that much time at the beach. My wife would love it. Great bunch of finds. I would continue to hit that beach every day if you can. Glad to have you here with us.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice finds and welcome aboard....Now get in those woods and do some trench digging and stop messing with those cherry picking beaches!!! ;D ;D ;D WTG jgas

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Welcome aboard. Since you are in Virginia, where are your civil war artifacts? I'll trade you Chattanooga and throw in all of Georgia for a place to live in Virginia.

I have not done any real digging in dirt for a few reasons:

I live within walking distance from a busy beach, and its easy to dig there, and I need to hone my abilities with, and learn hwo to use, my metal detector better.
I dont exactly have the greatest detector, and only have so much faith in it as of now.
Also, I want to invest in a bullseye pinpointer for more precision in my digging before I move onto the civil war artifacts. I dont want to spend much more money now on equipment(i dont even have a sand scoop) unless the detector pays for it. And I also find it hard to part with all the loose change, it looks so shiney piled up :)
I live on the east coast, and am not exactly close to the majority of civil war action.
All that being said however, I do have plans this fall/winter to hunt on a friends farm north of Richmond. 140 acres of land that were the site of a battle, and he has more or less let very few people hunt there.

wow that is great. I've hunted many hours on the beaches in Fl and NJ and haven't found one real piece of jewelry yet in the dry sand. Maybe where you are no one hunts the dry stuff.

Quite the contrary. I have met many other people hunting the dry sand, and even more hunting the wet sand when I am out. I typically see two to six other people hunting every time I go out. This beach is heavily combed, and it is tricky to know what part has, and has not, been combed, and when. On the plus side, the main part fo the tourist beach is 2 miles long, with at least 20 other miles of more residential beach nearby. As of yet, I have not hunted the residential areas.

And I would like to say thanks for the support, and for letting me know im not doing bad. I have no real means of comparision but myself, so its nice to hear encouragement from the pros.

Anthony

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done.

Welcome to Tnet!

-Buckleboy

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Great job!

Nothing makes you a better detectorist than keeping your coil swinging. You are off to a great start!
Love that beach hunting, and wish I lived closer to one.

V

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet .O yeah ,your doing great! Keep us posted on your finds. :thumbsup:

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome m8... :thumbsup:

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! It reminds me of the candy hall that the kids get on Halloween. You are doing alright for a newcomer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread