Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

agentic

Jun 18, 2013
Eastern Singapore
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Welcome... Can't assist you much from Singapore... But I am sure the guys in FL (there should be some in this forum) can help you out...

Where I am from, there is heaps of trash buried in the sand. Locals here are just too bored at times and will bury their empty beer cans, toss the bottle caps, ring tabs, empty wrappers into the sand. On occasion, I'm able to pick up current coins and I also found a few Thai and Indian coins too.

HH

Last edited:

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I metal detect the beaches in Florida just about every day. I've found that for me, the best time to detect is about an hour before sun down - just when everyone is starting to leave. I then follow the towel line (imprints in the sand where people have spread their towels and blankets), and detect around the edges of those. I usually find coins and jewelry in those areas.

When detecting Florida beaches, always cover any holes you dig, and never ever dig in the sand dunes or areas where vegetation is growing. And never ever disturb turtle nests!

Bill

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
R

RubyGold

Jun 8, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your advice guys! I'll definitely follow your tips! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions