acefranklin

Greenie
Apr 13, 2012
Chester County, PA (Philly)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi PA Metal Detectors. I've been a long time lurker on here (2010). I was big into coin roll hunting a few years back buck just didn't have the desire or time. So, I'm trying metal detecting as I think it is more fun and better exercise.

I live in Exton and grew up in Downingtown. So, I'm pretty familiar with the area. I'm hoping to get to know some seasoned detectors to try and learn more. I haven't found anything really exciting except for and old RailRoad spike off of the Struble Trail and about $.40 in clad.

Glad to find this site!

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
hey! You found something its a start. The better finds will come in time and research. I have a cousin who is a teacher down that way, I think? Anyways, best of luck to you, and in your area you should be able to find some amazing stuff, just keep your coil to the ground!

OP
OP
A

acefranklin

Greenie
Apr 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff!

Also was wondering if any other local detectors would care to meet up to go detect in the near future. I am free Sunday afternoon?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
acefranklin - you might consider jumping over to What County do you live in? and contacting (Private Message) those in your county...

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Acefranklin :occasion14: Lots of early Pa. history in your area near Philly ........:thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

acefranklin

Greenie
Apr 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone. Another school hunt today and I pulled 12 rusty nails out of mulch in the jungle gym area. About 5 pieces of iron trash (nuts and bolts, bottle lids) Found $.32 in clad.

Still no SIlver or gold yet.

OP
OP
A

acefranklin

Greenie
Apr 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dogpound - any recommendations on how to research effieciently. I've been trying to find stuff on-line, but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Would I do better at the library finding old books on the history of the county etc?

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Dogpound - any recommendations on how to research effieciently. I've been trying to find stuff on-line, but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Would I do better at the library finding old books on the history of the county etc?

i use old topo maps www.historicmapworks.com to locate old homes/sites, then i use www.historicaerials.com and use the overlay feature to compare older maps with more recent maps and see how the area changed. also talk to some old folks and see where they used to hang out, picnic, lover's lanes, swimmin holes....etc

PAStorm

May 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ace, i'm from Coatesville area, just started messing around with this stuff last few weeks. I'm more interested in the historical stuff, finding civil or Rev. war stuff. We will keep in touch.

OP
OP
A

acefranklin

Greenie
Apr 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey PAStorm and baspinall - I'm still gettign out there...yet to find any gold or silver. I did unearth a railroad spike, 1968 matchbox, and an old horseshoe with my 9 year old son over the weekend. He was so excited and pumped up. So, that is more valuable than any $$ or find! We both yelled and high fived when I pulled the horse shoe out! it was great!

I'd love to catch up and go out sometime...things are real busy for me through about mid June unless it's a weeknight.

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your smack in the middle of revolutionary war history! Between George Washington setting up camp just up pa113, or the Battle of the Clouds and a host of other tidbits in and around your town. You might want to try asking permission from some of the older farms in your area or near Phoenixville. Think what you might dig up on fields that get plowed regularly!

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Chester county . We got history everywhere in PA , so any farm field could hold treasures really

OP
OP
A

acefranklin

Greenie
Apr 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironically my Dad lives in West Chester. His home is in the Battle of the Brandywine. I'm waiting to go there with my son over Memorial Day.

Walk the dog

Mar 24, 2013
Chester County Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, I'm from Western Chester County. I' m new to this website still trying to find my way around. There is a bunch of great areas to detect around Exton. Good luck.

Aug 7, 2017
Downingtown, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Diana! Are you still active? I'm in Downingtown and just started in April. I'm looking for other women to hunt with if you're interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread