Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where u plan on going WV relics?

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
I am north of you guys. Hop Bottom/Nicholson area. I have been hitting some of the swimming holes, carnival/fire hall grounds, and fair grounds in the are. Working on resarching some old homesteds. Off on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

Last edited:

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in West Pittston. Mostly been looking in my yard and neighborhood yards. Some are houses that are vacant since the flood. Found a pint jar full of coins...one silver dime and a bunch of wheat pennies. The rest are 1919 to current. Went to what was luna park from 1906 - 1916. Spent about 3 hrs there and all I found was a penny...but it was an 1883 indian head.

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask your neighbors if you can MD their yard. I offer 25% of whatever I find. Most parks and such don't have anything left but yards haven't been touched.

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is what I have been doing . Other then that there are Indian Villages I know of that had white man contact and the farm i grew up on( southern style plantation built in the 1880s with 2 barns, ice-house and several other buildings that went with a 22 room mansion,which burnt down in the 70's) My father had a crappy MD back in the early 80's and he hunted most of the farm so its slim pickens for me . Are any of you guys members of the Black Diamond treasure hunters? I was planning on joining, printer doesn't want to work properly so I'm gonna go to the next meeting (may 13th, Kingston Borough Building) and join. hopefully they could point us in the right direction.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I hit a few parks and found a bunch of clad but that's about it. How about you?

Armorer73

Mar 1, 2013
California City, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember Angela Park?

I haven't lived in the valley in close to twenty years. I know Angela Park has been closed down for a long time. Maybe you guys can get permission for that area.Good Luck!

Armorer73

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Angela park is new to me as well???

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I just did a little research it is a old amusements park/picnic area in drums along 309.. It was thriving in the 50s but now it's just a big stretch of flat land waiting for us to find what's been lost! Thanks for the tip.

Armorer73

Mar 1, 2013
California City, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I just did a little research it is a old amusements park/picnic area in drums along 309.. It was thriving in the 50s but now it's just a big stretch of flat land waiting for us to find what's been lost! Thanks for the tip.

Don't forget my finders fee! Good luck and make sure you let us know how it works out. You are more than welcome for the tip. WE ARE....PENN STATE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread