Hello there! Anyone from Minnesota?

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Faribault County, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello there! My name is Casey and I am new to the site even though I have been detecting for a few years now. I have gotten tons of useful information from this site and now with the ground frozen here in Minnesota and nothing to do, I decided to join up! I live in the country and farm with my family here in Southern Minnesota between Albert Lea and Blue Earth. I usually hunt around my yard and other farm sites. I have done a lot of research this season and I am excited for the thaw. My only real regret is not having any other person who detects or club that I know of in the area. As much as I love detecting alone, I could really use a partner to cover some larger areas and have someone to enjoy in the hobby with. None of my friends or family detect and I can't convince my girlfriend to come along so if there is anyone in Southern Minnesota or Northern Iowa that wants to hit some places and detect, don't be afraid to contact me. Thanks.

Come on 2013!

Upvote 0

Dylanger22

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett At-Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I live down in Mankato and go out around Southern MN too! My girlfriend has her own detector and I have 3 of my own, so maybe we can get your girlfriend to come along too! (I've even been out a few times over the last week or so haha). Hit me up sometime, I'd be more than down to get something going!
-Dylan

GoldenEagle

Nov 2, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTAX 550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome

Hello there! My name is Casey and I am new to the site even though I have been detecting for a few years now. I have gotten tons of useful information from this site and now with the ground frozen here in Minnesota and nothing to do, I decided to join up! I live in the country and farm with my family here in Southern Minnesota between Albert Lea and Blue Earth. I usually hunt around my yard and other farm sites. I have done a lot of research this season and I am excited for the thaw. My only real regret is not having any other person who detects or club that I know of in the area. As much as I love detecting alone, I could really use a partner to cover some larger areas and have someone to enjoy in the hobby with. None of my friends or family detect and I can't convince my girlfriend to come along so if there is anyone in Southern Minnesota or Northern Iowa that wants to hit some places and detect, don't be afraid to contact me. Thanks.

Come on 2013!

Hey Casey, I go out every chance I get. What is your gear line up?
Let me know if you want to meet up an talk metal detecting. Gotta any cool finds? I'm in Blue Earth County
GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Nov 2, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTAX 550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Dylan,
I'm only 15 minutes from kato IN Good Thunder. It's great to see other people that want to hunt. What kind of detecting do you do? Best finds?
GoldenEagle

Dylanger22

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett At-Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I go anywhere I can basically. Parks, old houses, fields for artifacts, anywhere I can find old coins. I like relic hunting too, have found some minie balls from the dakota war around southern MN from battles. I started metal detecting this last year and just upgraded to the AT-Pro, so I'm excited for the ground to thaw.

OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys! It's great to actually hear from someone. I also belong to a forum for Honda SOHC Fours and I never hear back so this is cool. I like to hunt at old town sites. I have two that I know of and there are four or five more in the area. I have been working with a cheap Bounty Hunter for the last two years and I am purchasing an AT Pro this week. Seeing as my low end machine wasn't the most accurate I have tried to stay out of local parks until I can really pinpoint and leave no trace. So my best find so far I actually found without the detector. I was detecting in an old town site that died in the 1870's and found a porcelain button. I was pretty happy. I feel like I must be the nail king though. Haha. I find lots of old farm parts too which I think is fun. I probably have three dollars and some odd cents in clad. None to impressive. I really plan to hit it hard this year in my down time.

GoldenEagle

Nov 2, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTAX 550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT pro is a nice upgrade, I've heard a lot of good things about this detector. I can help you with tip and tricks that you cant learn from books or research. I call it mudd fishing in the spring, are you interested in getting out and hunting?
Email me at [email protected]

Dylanger22

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett At-Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Lets get a little group hunt going in the next month or two here, weather permitting! What do you guys think?

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
caseman, seems like a classic "ask and ye shall receive" thing you got going there. You folks go out and have a great time together. Best of success to all and enjoy the new machine...............63bkpkr

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from Northwest Iowa, just an hour and a half from the border of MN. I also grew in the suburbs of St.Paul. I would love to hunt this spring but my wife is going to go into labor any day now so I may not make it up there til this summer. HH

OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations arnofarrell! I hope that everything goes well and I hope that you will be back out hunting soon!

Last edited:

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys ... I am up in Cook, MN ... about 2 hours north of Duluth. Let me know if anyone makes it up this far north ... or adversely I would'nt mind a road trip down south for an occasional hunt. Look me up !! Hope you all have a prosperous 2013 !!

OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys ... I am up in Cook, MN ... about 2 hours north of Duluth. Let me know if anyone makes it up this far north ... or adversely I would'nt mind a road trip down south for an occasional hunt. Look me up !! Hope you all have a prosperous 2013 !!

I watch you on YouTube! Haha. Great videos man! :) Keep it up!

OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So best finds? Anybody want to share? I feel as if I am the nail king and have only really found clad and trash. I do have a couple 16 gauge shotgun shell caps from between 1903-1917. That's about it. This year will be different! I could post some pictures of my finds when my camera comes back from being fixed, clumsy me! Haha.

Dylanger22

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett At-Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I have found a 1906IH penny in my buddy's yard in Mankato. I have found a canister shot cannon ball in a North Mankato park, and tons of minie balls and musket balls from the Dakota war. I really want silver this year!

Hmille10

May 8, 2012
SE MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only got out a few times last year with a junk borrowed detector so I havent found much, just some clad and trash. This will be my first full year with a detector, and I have a ton of locations planned out (mostly public) so I am excited to see how it goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread