Hello there! Anyone from Minnesota?

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Faribault County, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello there! My name is Casey and I am new to the site even though I have been detecting for a few years now. I have gotten tons of useful information from this site and now with the ground frozen here in Minnesota and nothing to do, I decided to join up! I live in the country and farm with my family here in Southern Minnesota between Albert Lea and Blue Earth. I usually hunt around my yard and other farm sites. I have done a lot of research this season and I am excited for the thaw. My only real regret is not having any other person who detects or club that I know of in the area. As much as I love detecting alone, I could really use a partner to cover some larger areas and have someone to enjoy in the hobby with. None of my friends or family detect and I can't convince my girlfriend to come along so if there is anyone in Southern Minnesota or Northern Iowa that wants to hit some places and detect, don't be afraid to contact me. Thanks.

Come on 2013!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found a 1906IH penny in my buddy's yard in Mankato. I have found a canister shot cannon ball in a North Mankato park, and tons of minie balls and musket balls from the Dakota war. I really want silver this year!

I would actually trade silver for war relics! I love history and you having found those in the local area peeks my attention! That's some nice finds! I hope we can meet up sometime and find the silver together! Good luck and I will stay in tough.

OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only got out a few times last year with a junk borrowed detector so I havent found much, just some clad and trash. This will be my first full year with a detector, and I have a ton of locations planned out (mostly public) so I am excited to see how it goes.

Same here Hmille10! I just got the AT Pro today so this season should hopefully produce targets. I was the nail king last year, hopefully that changes this year! Like they say though, you have to dig the trash to get to the treasure! :)

OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just want to put it out there now that we are getting a few more people on here that if anyone is interested in hunting together or discussing locations then they can either private message me or email me at [email protected]. I am happy to talk and willing to meet up sometime to enjoy metal detecting with others who love the hobby! :) Have a good one!

Hmille10

May 8, 2012
SE MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys ... I am up in Cook, MN ... about 2 hours north of Duluth. Let me know if anyone makes it up this far north ... or adversely I would'nt mind a road trip down south for an occasional hunt. Look me up !! Hope you all have a prosperous 2013 !!

Subscribed to your channel! Great videos! Keep up the good work!

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone is interested I'm located in Farmington (S. Metro Suburb) If anyone is interested I have a few spots researched and GPS'd for this Spring/Summer. they are along the Cannon River :-) Time to test out the AT PRO in H2O.
Anyways they are big areas and wouldn't mind some help/company. shoot me an email if you're interested. You can shoot me a PM, but I check my email a lot more. [email protected]

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck and welcome to the site.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll check it out:) Trying to find exactly where it's at in Mankato.

I actually reside in New Ulm ...so I'm closer to the other fort near Fairfax

New Ulm will have tons of sites. From the French to Dakota War. Lucky!
Isn't the fort protected by a State Park?
Anywho, check out my videos for some tips and tricks to finding these old spots once you have some maps.
Short:

All my secrets :icon_thumright:

SoMNhunter

Mar 29, 2014
Mankato MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im from Mankato also and have just started metal detecting. Feel free to contact me for hunts etc. Welcome to Treasurenet.
SoMNHunter

OP
OP
Caseman91291

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there MinnesotaStateUniversity! The fort was located at the junction of the Blue Earth and Le Sueur rivers at the top of River Fort Drive. It is all private land now but it was farmed in the late thirties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread