Hello to all.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, my name is John. I live in Colorado and just now getting into this detecting hobby (for me it is a hobby...I am sure some do it for a living).

Just scored a "like-new" Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger off of Craigslist as a trade for a Marlin Model 60 .22lr. Felt like I got a good deal as it really does look new inside and out with a few minor cosmetic scuffs from normal use. The owner had upgraded to an AT Gold like most and took very good care of it.

I do a little hobby gold prospecting here in Colorado....so I figured I would grab a gold-detector to compliment that. Already put quite a few hours into it hiding gold nuggets and such in the backyard...not the recommended 100 hours...but 20 perhaps. Feel like I know the machine well already and most are over-complicating it from what I see in other posts online.

Just have the stock 5x10 elip coil on it...have found a few coins already which is cool. Forced my hand to go buy the red coin guide at a bookstore. Once winter ends I'm heading to the mountains with it to hopefully find some nuggies.

Anyways I tend to babble....glad to be here. Hope to learn a bunch.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy and welcome aboard! good luck with the new machine!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the club ... :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the Hobby and forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions