Hello!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
This is my first post here. Looks like a great forum.
Met a bunch of fellow hunters at Camp logan in Houston yesterday and had some good luck with my first silver of the year and a lot of good WW1 junk!

Attachments

• 1894 Bqtr logan 1-13-07.jpg
    1894 Bqtr logan 1-13-07.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 634
  • logan 1-13-07.jpg
    logan 1-13-07.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 676
Upvote 0

Attachments

• thing.jpg
    thing.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 439
Welcome Tex;....Nice Barber and nice "junk"...the buttons deserve a close-up....Joe

Welcome aboard and nice finds!

bruizr said:
hey tx! welcome aboard.i'd be glad to send you a bucket to put any more "trash" in you might want to get rid of. bet that dime brightened your day. the real treasure was just being able to get out there and look for it.for others, it's reading about your adventures and seeing what it's possible to find so thanks for sharing. good luck, happy hunting and god bless.

LOL! I just call it junk collectively...
That barber is a quarter - sorry I didn't ID it in the picture.

Thanks!

Welcome, enjoy your stay :)

txkickergirl said:
cool, but I have a questions
what is this I circled in the photo, we found one exactly like it this weekend and we were wondering, we were hunting just north of Corpus Christi

I had the same question for a long time. I have found about 10 small and large. Those are tent rope tighteners. You tie a knot in the tube end and create a loop through the hole. Whenever you want to tighten the rope, you just give it a yank and it keeps the tension because of the angle. I was told they were military issue from pre-civil war to recent times. These were from WW1 camp Logan. In the picture there is also a beat up aluminum military dog tag, a lid that says First Aid Pack -Military Contract July 22, 1916 - Chicago, IL, 2 infantry collar discs and 2 medium eagle buttons, aluminum tent stakes in pieces, a rusty pocket watch and lots of hardware from rifle slings, etc., shells, bullets, a '52 wheatie and a key fob that says Chicago Cement Co. There was a large population of IL troops there
Thanks for looking!

jopher said:
Welcome Tex;....Nice Barber and nice "junk"...the buttons deserve a close-up....Joe

Attachments

• logan buttons 1-13-07 closeup.jpg
    logan buttons 1-13-07 closeup.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 321
Hi,
I just registered on this forum.

Nice close up on those bottons !!!!!

Can't wait until next week when the weather is warmer and drier to get my chance at them......if you guys don't get them all first!!!! ;D

By the way, I'm Robbie. :)

Tim, welcome to the forum! That's a nice haul you made there. I'm not too far from you, (just west of Conroe). Keep up the good work!

Huntin' 59er

Nice looking finds.

Welcome to the forum

HH Jer

Welcome to the forum from Portugal.
I've been to Houston many times on business, and I'm sure I'll go back a few more times....you have a great city there mate.... all the best and Happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back