White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digginnoborderKIDSPNG.png

Hello TNet,

Due to TNet rules I did not see when going over them I am going to replace this text just asking members who want to support children and teens and get them into the hobby to keep them out of trouble and keep them active then to please visit HERE to read more on how you can help! I do want everyone to know I was not trying to be disrespectful or break any rules, and I did approach a admin before posting, but I DO NOT want to start anything with ANYONE, so I have changed this text and if you would like to know more then please just visit the site directly.

Thanks
-Rich

Last edited:
OP
OP
Locozilla

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya again TNet =]

Just hoping some people would be interested in this cause! spread it around and can even do your own thing to get the children! hoping to help at least 3 kids a month, but of course would love to help as many as possible! When the offical page is done everyone who contributes will be listed and recognized (if wanted of course).

Thanks again
-Rich

Last edited:

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a pretty good cause and apologize that I am already volunteering heavily while unemployed, but I'd like to offer you some advice-skip Pledgie and use PayPal straight-up. I just skimmed over Pledgie's FAQs and found that they charge 3% of all donations for their service. If you are also using PayPal (which I guess that you are), you are also paying PayPal a fee. If you get rid of Pledgie, you will automatically put that 3% towards your cause. You can easily add the PayPal link to your website and done! Bonus-EVERYONE knows (and trusts) PayPal, not many have heard of Pledgie. I am currently redesigning the website for a non-profit and have recently done research in this area.

Another tip, if you intend to send email newsletter blasts, unless you plan on sending over 10k emails a month, go with Mail Chimp. It's free and has all of the bells and whistles of pay services such as Constant Contact.

Best of luck with your cause!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but part of what your doing is in violation of TreasureNet rules .....

"You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization."

"You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes."

Please remove that portion of your post that references donation of funds.

TreasureNet - Rules

OP
OP
Locozilla

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed a admin about posting this before even thinking about making the post, I did not want to break any rules or have anything thought of twice. this is 100% NOT for me, and EVERYTHING is given to the cause. If for some reason the Admin I talked to changed his mind then I guess we can just delete the post because the whole point of the post is to raise money and get donations for the children =/ the best place to find people to support the cause is people who support the hobby. I was not trying to do anything wrong with the post and is why I approached the admin ahead of time. I changed the text to something I would think is acceptable, but again if not then we can just delete it.

Thanks & sorry
-Rich

Last edited:
OP
OP
Locozilla

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, thank you for the advice! I thought going with Plegdie.com would give me more face time with possible donators. I guess I can go with both, just leave Pledgie.com up for people searching that specific website and just put Paypal up on the website itself? I never thought about the double fee's, thanks again for the advice, mainly all the raising I have done in the past has been in person with rally's and events, etc.

Thanks
Rich

I think it is a pretty good cause and apologize that I am already volunteering heavily while unemployed, but I'd like to offer you some advice-skip Pledgie and use PayPal straight-up. I just skimmed over Pledgie's FAQs and found that they charge 3% of all donations for their service. If you are also using PayPal (which I guess that you are), you are also paying PayPal a fee. If you get rid of Pledgie, you will automatically put that 3% towards your cause. You can easily add the PayPal link to your website and done! Bonus-EVERYONE knows (and trusts) PayPal, not many have heard of Pledgie. I am currently redesigning the website for a non-profit and have recently done research in this area.

Another tip, if you intend to send email newsletter blasts, unless you plan on sending over 10k emails a month, go with Mail Chimp. It's free and has all of the bells and whistles of pay services such as Constant Contact.

Best of luck with your cause!

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome-glad to be able to help.

I visited your website (HERE in your original post) and saw that on that page your reference both PayPal and Pledgie. I would drop the Pledgie from your narrative and just leave up PayPal. Since you already registered for Pledgie, I suppose there is no harm in leaving yourself part of their website, but for future fundraising efforts, best to just ignore them (or any other online company like this-see below).

As for facetime with possible donators-I know being a 501(c)3 charity, my charity shows up in search engine results all the time, but tied to what I consider to be "charity skimmers" (such as Pledgie). People do a web search, find your charity, go to XYZ website and donate-yay-but the person who just donated doesn't realize that up to 8% of their donation just went to some company that the charity has never even heard of!! :angry5: These skimmers use charity databases to find charities and then add them to their website and skim funds!!! And the charity cannot stop them because the charity's info is public info!!! :BangHead:

I am not sure of the solution yet (how to get donators), besides good old word of mouth and new fangled internet knowledge (maybe contact local detecting clubs around the US? Not sure if that would make them mad though....). I know I am using Yahoo to build and host my charity's website and they have search engine optimization tools available, but I am the first to admit that I really don't know a thing about it and am learning as I go. Email blasts are an ok tool, BUT there are very strict spam laws if the person you email didn't agree to get your emails. Any email blast company worth their salt has a section on their website detailing spam laws.

Sorry so long-hope it helped some!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich I will check with head admin, I hadn't seen anything on it and was going off our rules. Leave it as is till I hear back.

OP
OP
Locozilla

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hey,

Its ok, I have already changed it when asked the first time, I was not going to take the chance on making someone mad. The person I was talking to was 4Nines and he mentioned he approved of me promoting the cause as long as I did not promote the business aspect of my website (the sales part of the company, and not the campaign/donation part of it. Because we also run a auction site and we actually plan on becoming a vender/sponsor here on TNet when its possible to fit it into our budget)

I think the way I have the post worded now still gives enough info that if a person is interested that they can just visit the direct website. and it falls 100% into everything I think.

Thanks bud,
-Rich

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem now..........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you know how many people ask me to donate every day........... When i go in or out of a store..The cashier at the store,,,,,,,,on the phone... in the mail..... firemen standing at stop signs................ And they are all Great causes to them.... I get sick of people asking me to donate ... I am with TH's first post here ..... Please all you people that want free money leave me alone...... Now your on Tnet............

OP
OP
Locozilla

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy you have the right to have your own opinion but if you do not agree with it or do not like to donate then just don't do it. I sure other people even agree with you, but there are also a lot of people who love to help, and love to donate and I am sure ALL the families and children cherish our events raising enough money for them to get something to make their quality of life just that much better. Have you ever had someone need something SOOOO bad, and you were the person able to give that person that item and see the look in their eyes when you give it to them. Its a feeling that never goes away and it is SO great to be able to do that for someone. We raise money for Hospice we raise money for American Cancer Society, Fallen Hero, Make a Wish and still run event for all those causes to this day but after being out with our detectors and seeing how excited children got about the whole hobby and thinking how much just one little cheap detector may change a kids life. Like I said its something that never gets old, its always great to give. 100% of everything we earn with Kids Get Diggin goes towards the cause, we do not take "salaries" or "expenses" or any of that other crap some non profits may try to skim off. EVERY single penny goes to it, AND a % of our main Business even goes directly towards charity. So it is hardly "free money" it is "money to make a difference in someone's life's who would otherwise not be able to have"

Happy Hunting,
-Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread