Help / Bahamas

Jul 16, 2016
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends! I'm a bit ashamed of showing up after so many year offsite with a request for help... but that is the nature of TH (when you think you are free of it, it pulls you right back in!). Last week we found two set of artifacts, 500' apart, that could, or could not be related to each other. The first two pictures are of an anchor with no shank that could literally been from any period (in my non-professional opinion). The second one could be best described as stone pavers, even though they were built with some sort of concrete mix. I'm sharing these findings with the hope that someone could shade some light on them. Any insights will be certainly appreciated. See you all at the next cookout!

Attachments

• IMG_8126.PNG
    IMG_8126.PNG
    708.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8125.PNG
    IMG_8125.PNG
    716.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8195.PNG
    IMG_8195.PNG
    677.8 KB · Views: 93

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SS El Dorado, remains from the salvage?

OP
OP
M
Jul 16, 2016
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very good guess Magoopeter, but the location of the SS Eldorado, according to the nautical charts, is a few, miles south of this area. The anchor's style place it somewhere between 1500's and 1,800's (Eldorado sank in 1893 I think....) There is a small chance that this particular anchor is part of the 3 discovered in 1981 by Bob Marx and Tony Klopp. .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread