Titan submersible, Titanic expedition

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing some research let it be known that the Titan submersible was neither Lloyd's or ASE(?) certified to operate at this depth. Oprates as a prototype. Also noted is that it has a hull condition monitoring system on board. What does that mean? Does this tell you that you have 1/100th of a second before the carbon fiber hull completely implodes. Does carbon fiber vessels flex? Was the titanium cryo-forged? Does the Polar Prince(mother ship) have onboard side scan or lidar? Does the mother ship have onboard an ROV or AUV that will reach 13,000 feet. Just a few simple questions. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that a pipe laying vessel with ROV capability has arrived on site. Can't find the name. Does anybody have enhanced access to Marinetraffic.com? Also France is sending ATALANTE but would be too late to arrive for anything but salvage.
Other expeditions to the Titanic have lost communication with the surface for hours.

May 28, 2007
cottonwood ca
I understand that a pipe laying vessel with ROV capability has arrived on site. Can't find the name. Does anybody have enhanced access to Marinetraffic.com? Also France is sending ATALANTE but would be too late to arrive for anything but salvage.
Other expeditions to the Titanic have lost communication with the surface for hours.
Wonder if they tried to get a closer look and got tangled up and damaged communication in the process.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many hours it can stand... the max.... i heard originally something about 96.
And... Its been down since Sunday... but what time ?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok so let me get this right…
These folks decided to hop in a mini pill, called the Titan! It’s not even a submarine, it’s a submersible device that has to use another device to be able to even come back up!
  • Then, they can’t even get out themselves because they are bolted in from the outside….
  • Then, this experimental device isn’t even approved
  • Then…..if all fails with this device, theirs literally no other device that can go down to even retrieve it, only video devices to TRY and look for it to see where it is!
  • Then….the device doesn’t have the ability to even find the titanic, it has to text another device who will guide it
  • Then to even get down there, they basically have to do a free for all drop and hope they don’t fall into the actual titanic and get stuck or hit anything

Who really thought it was a good idea?!

OP
OP
E

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly David Concannon is trying to blame the Coast Guard and US Navy and any Gov official for not being able to release the equipment that could lend assistance. How about blaming your company for not having back up communication equipment on board the submersible?How about blaming your company for not having an ROV or side scan sonar on board the mother ship? Just another lawyer trying to pass the buck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I Can Picture is This :dontknow:
000aaa.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the titanic still whole ?
could they have been foolish enough to try and go inside and
work their way through the Halls ?
they were foolish enough to go Down there in the first place

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the titanic still whole ?
could they have been foolish enough to try and go inside and
work their way through the Halls ?
they were foolish enough to go Down there in the first place
Its in the process of falling apart, I doubt theres any way a sub like that could actually get inside.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the best idea was it !! That thing was a custom built beer can death trap !! It dosent take a degree in engineering to look at the thing and go.....OH HELL NO !! and it's not always the case with billionaires that they have the brains to match there earnings. I have worked for billionaires most of my career, and I often wonder how they made any money at all !! I can't tell you how much money I have personally wasted for some real bad decisions that have been made by people that are considered wise, successful, and rich. My current boss is a lighting ✨️ mogul and billionaire.....he finally looked at me one day and said.....do you really think I know anything about how led lights actually work ? I don't, but I do know how to hire and manage the best people in the industry, and make lots of money. I have seen some real bad decisions made by these type people, and it was a bad decision to be talked into a death ride on a home made untested submarine for those billionaires on board that P.O.S. !! Just a bad decision......250,000$ to plunge to your death !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread