Help Finding local creeks?

karajo

Dec 29, 2004
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Im relativley new ( here about 1 year) to the kansas city area. Im looking for a creek to go take the little one i babysit fossil hunting ( SHE LOVEEESSS DINOSAURS). The problem is I dont even know where to begin. Ive tried googling kc area creeks but only find links for golf and country clubs. The other problem is I dont want to get shot for being on someones land :D Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks!
kara

Yeti

Mar 22, 2005
Missouri/ Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE/ Explorer XS/ White's Eagle II sl
What side of the state line? In Kansas. Most walking and biking paths ( trails ) follow beside a creek. The longest walking trail I know about starts at Olathe and ends up at the Kansas river. I think it's 38 miles one way with different parking stop all over the place. You can go to a bike shop and pick up a map with all the trails for free. I don't much about Missouri side. I hope this helps.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my son was small I would take him wading on a small creek where he could catch grayfish and he had a ball with all the funny rock, shells and stuff. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions