Help! I need beach hunting advice!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I am a newbie, 2 weeks into my renewed love of MDing. I have been hunting schools and parks, and am planning to search some old Rhode Island stone walls, as well as beaches and a few old commercial and military sites that have been defunct for years. I need advice on beaches! There is a local beach called Gaspee Point nearby (famous for the burning of the British tax sloop Gaspee during the early days of the Revolutionary War). To make a long story short, I did a 2 hour search of the main public beach, and came away with nothing but clad. Further down the beach area, around the point, the beach changes from a wide sand beach, to a thin isolated strip of sand and mostly rock, with wooded area behind it. This strech winds on for approx 1 1/2 miles before becoming private property. While I realize that this stretch does not see a lot of people, does that mean that I won't find much, but what is there should be old? This area is history rich, dating back to long before the revolution. Should I invest the time? I would love to hear from the beach veterns here! Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Statenisland Keith

Nov 7, 2004
Try going during a negative low tide. Check your tide charts and go then. You can reach areas you would not be able to during the average low tide. HH

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search it. That way you wont always wonder if you missed out on some good finds? 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions