Help!!! I think I found something.

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
many reasons why this box may be a half mile away, could be the camp or one of them, camps usually had personal stashes to take home and close by so they could be watched, also the mine you may have found may have run dry and a new one was started near by where you found the box , and it may be sealed and hidden, many possibilties with out knowing the area its hard to say

taropatch

Dec 24, 2007
There were enough "keep your mouth shut" comments on this thread to convince him not to report on his findings. Too bad -- a lot of us would like to know how this turned out.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed, it would have been great to hear about this...

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without mentioning the treasure hunter name, we would enjoy hearing about the finds.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig it or use a little help (explosives for the stuborn roots) then use your detector!!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well I think everybodys leg is a little longer! Who would rent a deep seaking two box and go out without a shovel? By the way, for your safety, dynamite is basicly sawdust soaked with nitroglycerin.Over time the nitroglycerin leaches out and becomes extremely sensitive i.e. touching it hard can cause it to explode. It never becomes safe!!!

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
A possible treasure that could pay a lot of bills and if gold I could just plain retire......... Yeah, Two words for ya.......SICK DAY!

Other than a King or Pharaoh, did people bury gold/money with the deceased anyways? :dontknow:

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Number One - nobody needs other people to help dig holes unless they are in a wheelchair.
Number Two - take a tip from the bottle diggers. Dig a trench out away from the tree and then tunnel in to reach the spot and you won't even need to hardly mess with the roots.
Number Three - If you really want three mouths talking about what you've found and causing you problems - just plunk the loot on the nearest bar and start buying rounds for the house. Maybe you could call the local paper too so that you can frame your smiling face on the front page so that you can prove you really did do that even though you will have nothing to show for it after the courts and lawyers and governments get done with you. But hey - 15 minutes of fame is 15 minutes. siegfried schlagrule

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning: Just what is this thing about bones or graves? Burial is basically a sanitary thing. If we were to respect the dead by leaving graves untouchable, we would now be running out of space.

Multi trillions have been killed or have died in Europe for example. So what do they do ? just scrape them out of the way or simply build over them.

What about our museums etc?

Soooo, if you find something valuable, take it, just as the Archaeologists or builders do! Putting things back into circulation benefits many.

The time to honor and love someone is 'WHILE THEY ARE ALIVE AND CAN APPRECIATE IT".

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Has anyone ever come back and said "thanks for burying my loot with me"?

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it, sounds logical to me. If someone cared or knew about the guy(if he is under the roots) cared enough to remove his remains to a closer local it might mean something....they sure didn't care...its too late for him to care. Since I know my soul is going to be with Jesus, it wouldn't bother me if you checked my coffin/bones for treasrue! The old miners proably thought along the same lines!

Dig it man, dig it!

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice to know what was in that hole if he ever went back ? out here in a very old field i was hunting i was finding some very old relics my Avatar is one of them 16th century bronze buckle along with some KG coppers and buttons lead balls etc. so i figured i would do some research on that field at the library since its local it turns out back in 1637 a gentleman from England came over here and payed 44 shillings for that 20 acre land from the early Dutch settlers who arrived here in 1617 he made a farm homestead raised live stock he married a lady from Salmon Mass . in 1647 and they raised 5 children ,it turns out somewhere on that field is many graves 3 of his children and himself and a few slaves ,since i found that out i have a bit hesitant to hunt it there is no markers to indicate where the graves are and if so i guess they are long gone and buried deep well beyond my detectors depth its just a matter of now its kind of creepy ? for a better word but the finds in that field are getting to my craw .Dd60

Attachments

• 100_0776.jpg
    100_0776.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 2,131
  • 100_0776.jpg
    100_0776.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 2,130

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Deepdiger,
I know it would be a bit creepy.... but how cool would it be if you found the graves of someone from the 1600's.... Maybe the city would rebury them with honors ( early settler ) and besides who knows, maybe the bones got scattered by the farm equipment anyway, and should be reburied.. I just think it would be a once in a lifetime chance to " meet " a earlier settler and see how he was laid to rest. Archeologists do this all the time with Indian and other burials as well...

PLL

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get hold of the local historicalsociety, they may know of someone who has a Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) unit that would donate its use to look in the field...the field looks to be a good area for the GPR. The Smithsonian may even be interested in excavation, same with the area Universities! That is so cool, after you are done MDing it turn the info over to the above, then ask them to let you help or watch. They will probablyleave the bodies undisturbed, but remove artifacts related. They will then mark the are with a Historical Marker to help identify it to anyone doing the kind of research you are ...keep up the good work!

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great post... Wish we had an outcome? Maybe he went back and found a cache of gold coins, decided to take
everyones opinion and stay quite. ;D

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Wldbil said:
Great post... Wish we had an outcome? Maybe he went back and found a cache of gold coins, decided to take
everyones opinion and stay quite. ;D

My thoughts exactly...either that or he hit old dynamite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread