✅ SOLVED Help ID "Torch" Lapel Buttons (Military? WWII?)

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've searched and searched TNet and online, but have not been able to ID these. I've seen just a couple of pictures of it online, but no information. I was talking with a friend who is a retired Army officer, and he seemed to think that torches were typically worn by cadets, but he had no other info for me.

I found these in the same hole as a marksman medal (picture included) made of sterling, and I have been able to ID the medal as being WWII. So...

Buttons-f.JPG Buttons-b.JPG

Here is the medal found in the same hole.
Medal w-Bottom 1.JPG

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ed-D

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are definitely US Army ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) insignia discs. I wore them on my high-school ROTC uniform. If you want to see proof of the ID, check the photo at lower right on this webpage of insgnia supplies: Custom and Stock Embroidered Emblems, Patches, Flags, and ACU Rank, as well as Metal Rank & Insignia for U.S. Army ROTC

The smaller discs went on the "clutch-pin" attachments on the disc's back, to hold it onto the uniform cloth.

Right. When I search for "Army ROTC torch" I can see some info and pictures. There is a picture of a WWI version, but the back is different using one screw on type pin. I was surprised when I pulled out the clutch pins too. I am going to go with it being a WWII era US Army ROTC lapel Pins. the term "ROTC" is what I needed to narrow the search... THANKS!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread