Help identifying some points and tools?

Bizzo

Aug 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, these are a few of my recent finds from walking my food plots this year. I'm not an expert on Native American artifacts but I always keep my eye out in the garden and food plots and have collected close to 100 full points over the years. After finding these I decided I wanted to know how old they were so I did some research, but when I looked at pictures of different points they all looked the same to me, so I thought I'd come here for help! All of these were found near NW arkansas, they're all from one area except the little gray one which I found at a construction site about 30 miles away. I'm wondering what kind of points these are and how old they are, I'd also like to know what the two larger things are. One of them is broken but it looks to be a knife or spearhead, I'm certain this one has flaking. The large piece also appears to have decent flaking but I'm not an expert, maybe an axe?
I'm also curious as to the material in the last picture, I've never seen anything like that around here. Anyway, thanks for the help!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453519360.680058.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453519389.968547.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453519412.544103.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453519434.769075.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453519452.902417.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453519468.947241.jpg

Upvote 0

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Bizzo to Tnet. there are some very knowledgeable members on here. This is out of my area for ID but there will be members along to tell you what you have found.
But You are in a great area for artifacts, and you have in Bentonville Ar. a curator and friend of mine that would be a person I would seek out for ID. The Museum's name is Museum of Native American History. The Person to speak with is Matt Rowe, I think he is there on Thursdays helping artifact collectors ID their finds.(but call as his schedule changes) The Museum is well worth the trip for a visit. He also attends the Springdale Ar. artifact show in April as well. Here is a link to the Museum Museum of Native American History | www.museumofnativeamericanhistory.net

OP
OP
Bizzo

Bizzo

Aug 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks for the info, sounds very interesting. I'll definitely check it out sometime!

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The little brown and white bifurcated point looks like a LeCroy point but the Mccorkle and Lecroy looks a lot a like just that McCorkle seems to be a little bigger and the gray one looks like a Kirk Corner notched point that has been re sharpened several times. I would think that is what they are and in my area they would be, they may be called something else in your state. Look up the point identification guide on internet, it list points by shape and also by states.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Bizzo to Tnet. there are some very knowledgeable members on here. This is out of my area for ID but there will be members along to tell you what you have found.
But You are in a great area for artifacts, and you have in Bentonville Ar. a curator and friend of mine that would be a person I would seek out for ID. The Museum's name is Museum of Native American History. The Person to speak with is Matt Rowe, I think he is there on Thursdays helping artifact collectors ID their finds.(but call as his schedule changes) The Museum is well worth the trip for a visit. He also attends the Springdale Ar. artifact show in April as well. Here is a link to the Museum Museum of Native American History | www.museumofnativeamericanhistory.net

Chase is right Matt knows his stuff. The piece under the quarter , looks like it could be a broken blade. Nice finds and welcome to T-net:hello:

OP
OP
Bizzo

Bizzo

Aug 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys, I just finished some dirt work around so I plan on hunting the area after a good rain, maybe I'll find a few more

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look hard there's a good one close !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread