Jan 22, 2016
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these near the Catawba River in the Midlands part of South Carolina

Need help identifying them.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

I can get up close photos of each if needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would guess the far left a cobbs blade,and the other three morrow mountain.

OP
OP
J

Jpa092388

Jan 22, 2016
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!! I have a lot more points and other artifacts tha I'll be posting that I've found over the years. Thanks for all your help!

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pictures of the 1rst piece in the first picture would be appreciated. Side view pictures showing thickness and form might help to determine whether it is a blade or a hoe or a flint Celt/adze or something else.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from up the river. The three you found have traditionally been called Morrow Mountains like stated. I have a number like those that Dr Goodyear has looked at several times and calls Mack points. He states are from the early Woodland period. Most are made from flow banded rhyolite and medium to large in size. He said he hasn't gotten around to publishing anything on them yet. The other one looks like it may have a couple possibilities. There are a couple shows down your way each year. One is in Camden in mid January the other below Sumter at Camp Woody. It's in March I believe. Goodyear, Rodney Peck and some others usually attend and will look at and answer questions. Good hunting-

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your photo the 1st one now looks to be a preform to me but the others are right with the Morrow Mnt. style I believe. Nice finds and welcome to T-net.:hello:

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your photo the 1st one now looks to be a preform to me but the others are right with the Morrow Mnt. style I believe. Nice finds and welcome to T-net.:hello:

I agree and based on your other post regarding all you found in such a small area I'd say you found you found someone's stash ( a cache) of blades and preforms. Nice haul!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread