Help identifying

Panic_attack4

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Iā€™m new to the forum and finding any kind of artifacts in general and was hoping to get some info on what exactly I found. Appreciate any help I can get. Iā€™ve been going through a few websites trying to identify the point but it is similar to many different ones. I found it in a creek in central Missouri.
1CF06F2F-1B8C-49F0-A1A3-2E7110467CCF.jpeg 941CDD5D-1B65-438F-8806-8234BEB347B8.jpeg 438C1625-75A5-4F97-B581-24F9A42426C7.jpeg 7AADD0E9-AB45-402A-9AB2-209D13A61F00.jpeg E1DC6001-F3CB-4FDC-AEF1-69AAA3BBE0EE.jpeg

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome to tnet!

That's a nice knife.

OP
OP
P

Panic_attack4

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? Well thank you I wasnt sure what the quality was of it at all. Ive been going through the identification websites trying to pin point the actual name of it. Im not sure if its whats considered a corner notched, stemmed, or even a side notched. Any help on that?

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I would guess a type of Kramer as well...

OP
OP
P

Panic_attack4

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks you all for the info. To me it resembled a couple different styles on there but im far to new at this to know what all to look for.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks you all for the info. To me it resembled a couple different styles on there but im far to new at this to know what all to look for.
tn_md.gif
1st - Noticed you were a new member - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teacher.gif
2nd - Here are few informative articles talking about Indian Arrowhead Identification...

Projectile Points Arrowhead Identification Guide

We currently have over 1,700 unique points listed...

Official Overstreet Indian Arrowhead Identification Online Database

Showcases over 60,000 photographs - all of which have been included in the Indian Arrowheads Identification...

How to Identify Arrowheads

Native Americans designed many different arrowheads ā€“ about 1,200 types are on record...

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
Due to its length, it has Eden characteristics but short distance of the hafting stem to sides makes it uncertain. I was stationed for 4 years in Knob Noster Mo. and there was a wealth of fossils and indian artifacts, shards and points. I don't remember ever refused permission to hunt private land in that surrounding area. As First Sgt. I was required to go out and visit troops in the field. It is a beautiful state and I spent three days a week traveling in the missile Field and saw many collections in country gas stations restaurants.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to its length, it has Eden characteristics but short distance of the hafting stem to sides makes it uncertain. I was stationed for 4 years in Knob Noster Mo. and there was a wealth of fossils and indian artifacts, shards and points. I don't remember ever refused permission to hunt private land in that surrounding area. As First Sgt. I was required to go out and visit troops in the field. It is a beautiful state and I spent three days a week traveling in the missile Field and saw many collections in country gas stations restaurants.

Not sure the random flaking patterns on it would be consistent with Eden

OP
OP
P

Panic_attack4

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I grew up less than 2 miles from Whiteman AFB off of Hwy 127 and AA. This artifact was found there in a creek on our land lol small world.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a beautiful point. Congratulations.
dts

OP
OP
P

Panic_attack4

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure the random flaking patterns on it would be consistent with Eden

Ive tried my darnedest to narrow this down to one particular style but i think what you would call the stem and base are throwing me off big time. It seems different in that location compared to the others im seeing in the databases.

OP
OP
P

Panic_attack4

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful point. Congratulations.
dts

Thanks, my cousin has been collecting for a long time and he has found between 20 to 30 in the same creek i found this in. Needless to say he didnt think it was quite fair that this was the first one I found ha ha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread