help me plz!

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
guys i heard churping from one of the bird houses at home.so i brought it to my mom and she said cool then i tryed to look and one of the babys fell out but i caught it but the thing is im scared that the mom wont come back and i dont know about rasing babys.so i was hoping u guys could help me out and get some info and ill post pics of them if i can. :icon_scratch:

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Diggerbarns said:
Try to put it back in the box asap

I agree. I've seen mom's feed her baby who fell out of the nest on the ground. (nest was to high for me to reach). Put it back with Mom ASAP.
Good luck.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
The mother will take it when you put it back.I had one mother come to the window where I was and just hoved there making noise until I went out.One of her babies had fallen or tried to fly and was down on the ground.I picked it up and put it back in the nest and the bird family was just fine.Put it back.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
watch out! this saver of life tried to get baby robins off the lawn while mowing. Mom was P Oed. she did an aerial assault worthy of any fighter pilot. i could here wings snap inches from me. i turned into a bird. a darn chicken.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
You could take it to a wildlife center, they can feed and take care of it. In the meantime feed it small worms or meal.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I know I'm probably late but if you put it back the mother bird will take care of it . There is an old myth that says if you touch a baby bird the mother won't claim it but that is not true . Just put everything back where you found them .

ricco

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2008
a bird cannot smell human scent, so you can put it back in the nest.........ricco

jessica8386

Aug 6, 2008
u don't worry !!!
There are more than 50 species of birds that will normally nest in birdhouses or its variation such as nesting shelves and platforms. Birdhouses are considered scientific tools when used properly since a great deal of learning can be done by observing birds in them. It also plays an important role in the conservation of birds in heavily populated suburban areas where very few natural nesting places are found. Birds have different physical and behavioral needs thus there is not one type of birdhouse that would be suitable to all. The types of birds that will nest on a yard or property are largely determined by the habitat. Thus, a mixture of habitats may attract a great number of birds. If a particular specie is preferred, then the house and the environment should be readied to welcome it.
=================================================================

OP
OP
treasureace14

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
ya i researched it and i found its a myth.the moma came back.day saved once again by the power puff girls!
THANKS AND SORRY FOR THE LATE THANKS.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
TreasureTales said:
Hmmm, why did you disturb the birdhouse when it had babies in it? Your curiosity may have killed a baby bird.

What kind of bird is it? If it's a Starling, feed it to the cat and forget about it. If something other than a Starling or Blackbird or House Sparrow, put it back and leave the birdhouse alone until they all fledge. OK? :thumbsup:
TT, you always make me laugh! What you said here is funny but true... Gpurs....

OP
OP
treasureace14

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
TreasureTales said:
Hmmm, why did you disturb the birdhouse when it had babies in it? Your curiosity may have killed a baby bird.

What kind of bird is it? If it's a Starling, feed it to the cat and forget about it. If something other than a Starling or Blackbird or House Sparrow, put it back and leave the birdhouse alone until they all fledge. OK? :thumbsup:
you know what i love about you.....
you just tell it as it is lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread