Attachments

• Sign BM 2-02-08 - Turtle Rock.jpg
    Sign BM 2-02-08 - Turtle Rock.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 497

Robby Comstock

Feb 11, 2008
Colorado Springs
David,

I am a rookie in this type of stuff, but I am not sure I see a turtle. I see a rock. Now I am basing this comment from pictures of turtes I have seen in this forum, since I have never personally seen one.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I know little ,as well.My guess is that it is pointing to a left turn.The tree,if this picture is in the eastern states,is too young to be contemporary to the marker.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Dave,

I can't say for sure. do you have photos of this thing from other angles?
Another thing that might help to get a little more perspective is to put something of yours in the picture for perspective.
Set your compass on the rock and it will give a size perspective to guage how big or old the tree is.

clear away the leaves and accumulated dirt from the stone without moving it any, if it is a turtle it may have legs (this is important) legs will tell wat direction to go.

Look a little closer, and try not to be disappointed if it isn't a turtle.

Thom

OP
OP
D

David Ga.

Apr 18, 2008
HI Thom :

No other photo's at this time of the other side but I did look at it , It looks the same as the side in the photo , It has a front leg on both sides , No back legs either side , Neck as you can see in the photo also you can see that the shell has been carved . The Turtle rock is about 2' long . The tree is too young . I'll take more photo's when I can get back there .

Thanks for your input . David

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
David Ga, If your sure the rock has been carved? then seems the turtle is just setting there. You can see its front legs, but not the back! So to me I'd say you don't see the back legs becouse it is digging to lay eggs? Look, Dig under it. Find its eggs. If nothing under it, check area for other signs. Good Luck

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hello my old buddy Monk.

Dave,
Monk is right but do your self a HUGE favor.
Get a two box detector and run it over the area Before you dig.
Save yourself a lot of work and will help to pinpoint the "eggs"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread