DSCN2955.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 668

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the Top Photo Be some type of mold for making Bars. The bottom white rock looks like maybe that was used to crush the rocks to remove material. The reason I say this is because I see peaces of chisled rocks laying on the ground that might of come from a near by mine. I'm new at this but I'm trying to learn. I think these might be tools used for Smeltering. :thumbsup:

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! I don't think those are smeltering tools, but that is a cool find! Wish I knew what they were for. Is there anything else near by?

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
ariguess!!

Thats a good idea Victorio, and after they were done with them, instead of hauling them to a new location, they used them as pointers. Could be, they are pointing to the very bars they molded. Peace, TD

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
What is a square hole doing in the bottom of a mold for bars??
Could maybe be a broken arastra weight.
Look for stones that are very worn on one side that something like this may have sat on top ofas it rode back and forth in an arastra. will be made of very fine grained granite or basalt something very hard.

Thom

OP
OP
A

aziguess

Apr 10, 2008
hello everyone,
Sorry, I don't write very well english. To answer your question, yes there is something else near ! we broke the stone ! yes there is other things too ! soon I'll send some other pic.
Let me tell you something before we go so far, the place where we live, some other peoples was there long before us, long time ago ! first, the Phoenician and after them is the roman ! in the same place we still find some bottle and some oil lamp.
The hole in the second pic is 5 cm deeper. If anyone of you knew about the Phoenician and the Roman, then we can talk about their signs and symbols.

waiting for your answer. Thank you

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
I agree with you Thom! Those guys were waaaay off! heh,heh. aziguess, you mean to tell me, this is not the American Southwest? Sure lookit to me! How or why did you break it? TD

PS That sure looks like a twentyfive pound silver bar hole to me! Just Kidding!! Thom, you get my confession pic? Best to You and Yours, Tony

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stones for a water fountain / garden
they look very modern and unused
if they were for smelting I would think you would have some scorching / blackening
Limestone?

RSD

Apr 13, 2008
There is nothing related to any hidden treasures at all!!! They were old times pounding tools..........guess these must be found in the Philippines! Poor Guys..........everyone there is hoping against hope to get rich overnight.

RSD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread