help needed on token

canadian digger

Mar 18, 2009
While detecting today at the beach found what I first thought was a chucky cheese token. When I looked at it closer I was surprised to see it was some sort of commemorative token/medallion for Charles Garrett. On one side it has a likeness of him and 1932-2015. on the reverse it says The Sport of Metal Detecting and Garrett metal detectors Since 1964. I tried to find out anything about it but came up blank. I thought it was pretty cool to find it while metal detecting. Any information would be appreciated.

Upvote 11

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty neat. I wonder if someone left it as a sign of "I detected here". I've heard stories of guys who make little copper tags that have their name and year engraved on them. They leave them behind for future detectorists to find.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I searched Google and didn't find much - but, I did find Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 2017 which stated: "...Prize tokens will be hidden in each hunt area..." - you might consider jumping over and leaving a message? If you do - let us know what you find out.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find , got a photo?
Congrats and HH

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A message from a garrett salesman he should have put his name and number on it

mwfield1

Oct 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an Ace 400i (Brand new from a retailer in Australia) via eBay recently, it arrived today and had 1 of those tokens loose inside the box. I Googled it, hoping to discover that it was Garrett's version of a "Willy Wonka golden ticket", or something equally as awesome. After hours of searching the only thing I've found about it is this thread.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Someone had a sense of humour, lol. They come in the boxes from Garrett now when you buy a detector. I got one in my ATP box. One of the rugrats stole it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread