Ooooooooooo Yeahhhhhhhhh! Some more great finds!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since my last few outings have been cut short for one reason or another, this morning I decided to go back out to a local construction site near home, where I have recently received permission to salvage any last finds before a bunch of new houses go up. Ive been here a few times before, but never in the Monsoon season and I never found much before. I always knew there was more to find there, though. I was just a bit skeptical about whether or not Id actually be able to find something like these, because of the recent archaeological excavations that were done here. These sites are often huge out here, and they never excavate it all, so more often than not artifacts are left behind (overlooked or washed up after the dig), and left to be destroyed by modern construction. I recently posted another thread about this place and the little shell bead and some pottery sherds I found there. Today I found the points, a few more pottery sherds, and a glycymeris shell bracelet fragment. Theres also a hammerstone at the left, and a couple of our local desert agates. It was hot as heck, at first, but then a storm blew in, but I was done searching before any rain started to fall. All of this stuff was in the same relatively small area Ive searched at least twice before, and there is still a lot of ground to cover. Thanks for looking and thank you God for the rain this year!

DSC03912.jpg DSC03916.jpg DSC03917.jpg DSC03922.jpg DSC03927.jpg

Upvote 37

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice assortment of pottery, congrats on eyeing the points the penny puts them into perspective for size.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, even after the archaeological escavation.
U good !!! Congrats !!!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! Congrats and HH

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really know how to round up the stragglers before the ground is lost to progress.
Summer rains have washed up many points back East .
Extremely blessed with a native artifact the last rain exposed ... a single grooved hammer . ;)

Great points and shards .

Amazing ,colorful hammer stone as well ... good day !

daWg

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves mate. Love the native American treasures.:headbang:

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello OP. Those are some nice "old school" finds 'ya got there...way older than the schools I go to. NICE!! I hope you can find more postables before the concrete and sod arrive.

Thanks for pics and Good Luck out there. C9

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, even after the archaeological escavation.
U good !!! Congrats !!!

Ive tried explaining to people over the years about what happens to these old places when they are found, but Ive never been the best at explaining things. And even I was a bit skeptical about finding anything really special here, but this is proof that modern construction is destroying, or at the least burying up, lots of great historical artifacts out there, even after the "experts" have coe in and done their part. Its a shame, but the price of progress, so they say.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello OP. Those are some nice "old school" finds 'ya got there...way older than the schools I go to. NICE!! I hope you can find more postables before the concrete and sod arrive.

Thanks for pics and Good Luck out there. C9

So do I. Work could begin any time. Theyre just waiting for the final go ahead, I guess.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the arrow heads. My patents, especially my Dad, were great at finding arrow heads. They would have loved those points.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And by a "few more pottery sherds", I mean decorated/painted stuff. There is hundreds of pieces of non painted, dirt colored sherds strewn about the area.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your posts always great finds and you have great replies to other tnetters its a shame how so much history and artifacts are destroyed by Progress. I live in Michigan I remember when I was a kid finding Cacoons and bringing em home and watching the moth hatch none to be found anymore I dont see or hear frods walking sticks praying mantises so many insects and creatures just gone Progress Im guessing.. Keep digging up those artifacts they will be gone someday!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice pottery finds, love the interesting paint patterns! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread