Help on this cobalt glass silver overlay decanter

poly777

Greenie
Apr 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this decanter at an estate auction, they said it was old, but couldn't give any other info on it. After taking it home and examining it, the overlay art one side has a boat and clouds and it looks like the artist put his name into the clouds. I cannot really make out what it says, first name to me appears to be "Tim" and last name starts with possibly a "B". Maybe you guys can help me shed some light on this piece as to age, origin and maybe even figure out what the name says, and worth. Thanks!
decanter1.jpg decanter2.jpg decanter3.jpg decanter4.jpg

Last edited:

klskippy

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Poly777. My name is Kevin and I am new to the site. Can you post a pic of the bottom of the bottle and of the top (lip) without the stopper in it? Ive been collect old glass and bottle for a long time and I may be able to help you.

OP
OP
P

poly777

Greenie
Apr 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Poly777. My name is Kevin and I am new to the site. Can you post a pic of the bottom of the bottle and of the top (lip) without the stopper in it? Ive been collect old glass and bottle for a long time and I may be able to help you.

Hello Kevin, thanks alot. Here are the photos requested. It's really dirty, we are just afraid to clean it :D.
decanter5.jpg decanter6.jpg decanter7.jpg decanter8.jpg

Last edited:

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
DON'T CLEAN IT!!! any potential value could be destroyed, find out it's value first then if is worth it take it to a professional restorer!!

OP
OP
P

poly777

Greenie
Apr 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just gently brushed the dust off but didn't use any polish, water etc... Made a difference just getting the dust off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread