Help planning my CRH trip

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I have been hoping to take a Coin Roll Hunting road trip for sometime now. I plan on going from Akron OH to Pittsburgh Pa. Probably going to be able to muster up around $2500 to work with. I am hoping to find a few of those old forgotten roles of pure silver :wink: . If you have any advice Id take it. I was thinking dimes and havles, I dont want to go out and buy a ton of dimes or halves and have no money left for other banks. Thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ill bring my gps and lots of coin rolls! Good idea, and silver spoon can I ask why scio stands out??? just a gut feeling because its a cool name lol? That would maybe have to be a different road trip! I am really excited about this trip, always wanted to find a full roll of any kind of silver. War nickels would do too lol

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised i didn't read this piece of advice. In my several big road trips the farther from big cities the better. I would personally focus on the middle of the trip with only the limited time you have by the sound of it. I have canvased all over the midwest with great success and that seems to always hold true. I personally like the Columbiana to East Palestine area.

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip, ill avoid the bigger cities. Have you been to palestine or columbiana area or are you just suggesting they look promising?

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find out ahead of time what the banking hours are for each bank. No sense going 10 minutes out of your way for a bank that you though would be open till 5 that closed 15 minutes ago.

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mountainman 2 said:
Find out ahead of time what the banking hours are for each bank. No sense going 10 minutes out of your way for a bank that you though would be open till 5 that closed 15 minutes ago.
Thanks thats another good one! Im hoping if this goes well ill go once a month on a road trip? Does anyone do these regularly? Are they more or less successful than going through boxes for you?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get as far off the interstate as possible!!

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leaving now! I will post results!

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up finding 17 %40 , 1 rosie, and 2 war nickels this weekend! Pretty happy with the results. Found 8 %40 in a single roll on the road trip and also the rosie. I then came home to my two boxes of halves and one box of nickels and got the rest. Thanks for your help! I will surely go on another trip soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread