HELP!! (update ) TALKED TO Clint , Richard Nichols son.(YA NEVER KNOW)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this today bout 5 inches down. One of the cards is metalic dats how i found it and i need help finding this dude. His name is Richard L Nichols firewarden and peace officer for the state of CA. born 07/20/28. Ihave his social number but aint going to post it for reasons. The place where i found it had evidence of a burned out cabin. :dontknow: Here is da creepy thing my daughter found blond hair on 1 of the cards and remnants of $1 dollar bills. The local sheriffs dept. said they could help soo im taking it over to them. :dontknow: dinkey creek LOL

Attachments

• lost 005.jpg
    lost 005.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 5,480
Upvote 0
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: HELP!! (update ) (correction Dinkey not Dinky)

jaystuw said:
Did you find the wallet up above the area locally known as the "slicks" ? JOHN
if ya mean wat i call the slide no its just before the campgrounds 8)

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE

I think I found some info on him but it is all older stuff and nothing regarding whether he is presently alive or why that wallet was there. But here is a newpaper article from 1978. I believe he is quoted as "fire management officer for the Sierra National Forest".

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...q=richard-nichols fire sierra&pg=5505,2312298

I possibly found his marriage info - if so, his wife died in 1991. But there are a few other Richard Nichols with very similiar birthdates in the same area. So I need to try to verify.

Other articles -

Fresno Bee Jan 17 1965

2w250uv.jpg

Modesto Bee Aug 3, 1975

2h8937r.jpg

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE

Ok per Peoplefinders -

http://www.peoplefinders.com/search...richard &ln=nichols&mn=l&city=fresno&state=CA

This does not mean he is still living. The Marilyn Y. Nichols listed as a relative is who I thought was his wife - she died in 1991.

I believe the Clint Nichols listed as one of his relatives might possibly be his son. I found some records of him (in 2003, 04, 05) being a Fire Department Captain in Fresno but I don't know if he still is.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This just might be getting you closer to finding him or a family member! :hello2:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bramblefind said:
I think I found some info on him but it is all older stuff and nothing regarding whether he is presently alive or why that wallet was there. But here is a newpaper article from 1978. I believe he is quoted as "fire management officer for the Sierra National Forest".

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...q=richard-nichols fire sierra&pg=5505,2312298

I possibly found his marriage info - if so, his wife died in 1991. But there are a few other Richard Nichols with very similiar birthdates in the same area. So I need to try to verify.

Other articles -

Fresno Bee Jan 17 1965

2w250uv.jpg

Modesto Bee Aug 3, 1975

2h8937r.jpg
1 of the cards read he wuz a fire control officer. I think this is getting close to finding someone related :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: HELP!! (update ) ( FOUND RELATIVE TONITE )

well cause of help from all of ya i found the son of richard tonite. :headbang:bramblefind got so close i had to try to find the phone # of clint nichols and found it. ;D I talked to his wife and introduced myself hoping this wuz a relative. As we talked she got excited telling me clint wuz his son and he is a fire captain here where i live. She said clints father and mother lived in a small cabin where i found the wallet. Bad news is richard died last year and his wife died in 1991. :'( I will update you when i return the wallet. P.S. I gave full credit to this website TNET :notworthy:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So very cool aa take a camera and get a pic !!

Jeff BANNER!!!!!! :hello2:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
So very cool aa take a camera and get a pic !!

Jeff BANNER!!!!!! :hello2:
thanks i will

jaystuw

Greenie
Nov 2, 2009

It's been a while since i've been in the area but i seem to remember a place thats past the dinkey creek inn and off to the right (towards the creek) in the area of the group camp sites that had rusty nails ect. I wonder if that could be the spot? Also, have you ever checked out the old lumber mill ? It operated from the 30's thru the mid 70's when it was abandoned. There must be 50+ buildings/shacks ect. that have been vacant for the last forty years. They are kind of getting swallowed up by forest which make them all the more fun to explore + tons of junk laying around. Its very close to the ranger station building but as I'm sure you know, once you get off the road the forest gets dense and its hard to find anything unless your right on top of it!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aa battery said:
well cause of help from all of ya i found the son of richard tonite. :headbang:bramblefind got so close i had to try to find the phone # of clint nichols and found it. ;D I talked to his wife and introduced myself hoping this wuz a relative. As we talked she got excited telling me clint wuz his son and he is a fire captain here where i live. She said clints father and mother lived in a small cabin where i found the wallet. Bad news is richard died last year and his wife died in 1991. :'( I will update you when i return the wallet. P.S. I gave full credit to this website TNET :notworthy:

That's the best news I heard all day. :hello2:

:wink: RR

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Really NEAT! Congrats!

Yes this is BANNER material

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

good job nice bit of detective work -- his dad was a fire fighter and the firefighters house burnt down -- how that for odd irony ? pity you were a bit late --with the dad passing on -- his son I sure will like getting the items

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Re: HELP!! (update ) ( Another I. D .Found )

This was found I believe, when I purchased a couple of laminating machines from The Charlotte.N.C. School Surplus Auction. I'm going to do another White pages search and I think he might be still in Allendale, S.C. or maybe in Charlotte still.There is going to be a Big Relic Detecting hunt in Brunson, S C on March 13, 2010 -www.sc relic hunt.com. I believe both cities are close to each other--any help appreciated---goldnugget--Charlotte,N.C.

Attachments

• Selective Service 1 (2).jpg
    Selective Service 1 (2).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 2,145

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

My uncle used to work at White front a long time ago. It was in the San Francisco Bay area. I think at the time he was living near San Jose, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara area. I was just little so it must have been around 1967. I don't know if they are still around. Nice find tho, good job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread