Help What coil for me X_Terra 70 ???

Ed66

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
Well I got my X-Terra 70 it took me all about 5 mins. to get the setting's down I love the machine ( I still think it does not go as deep as my Elite:) . My place were I hunt I run both my NB and GB in auto and sen's about 23-24 and the machine is stable. I was wondering I have the stock coil on it now and the 5x 10" 18.75 kHz coil on back order from Kellyco. I was wondering if maybe I should get different coil what would be the best coil for doing the north east. I live in cental NJ and travel all over the state. I have the stock coil now and plan on using my Sov Elite W/ 15" WOT coil for the Beach. So whats best beside's the stock coil than came with the machine for deep silver and copper coins in NJ. Thanks Ed

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
The 3kHz coil is killer on deep silver and copper. If the areas you are searching are trashy, the 10.5" 7.5kHz DD coil will give you better separation and not give up much depth over the 3 kHz coil. You can usually run the sensitivity a little higher on the DD coils with the X-Terra.

Good hunting, John K

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed,
The stock coil should work good in most conditions, but you could also go with the larger 10 inch DD 7.5 kHz coil or the 9 inch Concentric 3 kHz coil. Really, either one would give you a little more than the standard coil you already have. Please let me know if I can help you at all!
Kellyco Chick

Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
Hi Ed
I like the DD coils the best but there HEAVY
Minelab has 2- 10.5" DD coils in the 7.5kHz & 18.75 kHzranges
and a 5" X 10" DD in the 18.75kHz range which is a light coil

The 3kHz range is for High conductivity items like COINS
The 7.5kHz range is for GENERAL METAL DETECTING
The 18.75kHz range is for low conductivity items ie. GOLD

Ed just remember w/ a DD coil that you reciveing signals from the front of the coil to the back
in the shape of 2- D's underneath the coil and you should over lap your scanning area by 1/4
of the diameter of the coil where as w/ a Concentric coil you over lap by 1/3 the diameter of
the coil which allows you to cover a greater amount of ground.

If your useing the 3kHz coil swing it Slow tempo
If useing the the 7.5kHz coil swing it at a Moderate tempo
If useing the the 18.75kHz coil swing it at a Fast tempo

the lower the Khz Frequency is the slower you swing the coil

Attachments

• DD Image.JPG
    DD Image.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 320

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread