Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Help White's 6000/D

Hey Buddy,

Whites, 800 547-6911 or try Kelly Co. 800 898-6673 ask for Nathan.

Best,

Chagy........

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Hey Bigc, I've got one with the original paperwork, I'll bring it to work and try and scan it. If that doesent work PM me an address and I'll photo copy and mail it. Learning it overnight would require a very very long night LOL. The manual does offer a quick set up that you can use.

kenb

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

kenB and Chagy, I got it from the White's site..

Russ in Ohio

Greenie
Mar 14, 2006

If its one of the original 6000's as opposed to series 2 and up one thing I can tell you is that in GEB disc. mode the coil must be moving extremely fast to achieve good depth. In its day it was called "whipping" the coil. If it is a standard set-up and not a hip-mount it takes a strong wrist! They sold a hip-mount conversion kit for them which made it much better. I still have the one I bought in the late '70s and I found a lot of goodies with it, it will get very good depth but in GEB disc. that coils GOT to be flying! Other than that its pretty straightforeward, manual ground balance, switch for primary operating mode, switch for pre-set disc, manual disc. knob if you don't want the pre-sets, Threshhold knob and such. The red button on the handle switches it from GEB disc to GEB all metal if you are in disc. and all metal to disc if you are in all metal mode. This is also for pinpointing. It uses a zillion batteries and uses them up fast, fair warning! Hope this helps some, Russ

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Thanks Russ, So far I don't like it. I used to own a 5000 but this is a different animal. I cannot seem to keep the tuner stable. It hurt my ears all day. I have not been able to get any depth. There does not seem to be any way of turning it off to save the batteries when not in use. After a half a day of using it, I gave up and used my old Amphibian, converted to beach use, the rest of the day, but I have no disc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread