Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I listed some Navajo jewelry, and got the same warnings. Mine was signed. I think that is more what they want. There are a lot of reproductions, I believe, and they want to make real sure you are selling the real thing. I would try to get it authenticated before you list it. I can't begin to tell you how to do that. I'm sure someone else here knows.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you looked at some of the completed listings descriptions in the category you want to list it in? It seems some of these "authentication proofs" are non existent in the descriptions. Not to mention the pretty high number of Navajo rugs that have sold recently.

Here's one description for a high dollar rug- Navajo Blanket Rug Transitional Period 1890's Native American Spider Woman 55x81 | eBay

and another less expensive one-
Navajo Rug Authentic | eBay
I believe unless someone complains that it is not an actual Navajo rug then you should be alright. I would chance it as long as I didn't have any recent policy violations. The worst they will do is end your listing and give you a warning. It's only 1 strike.

Completed listings of Navajo rugs in the Native American:US category-
navajo rug in Native American: US Collectibles | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread