Help with Identification

lizzy1370

Sep 2, 2019
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello! I'm new to this site, and I've been collecting rocks/gems since I was a kid. I got some new ones from a museum yesterday. I've been trying to identify them but haven't gotten any ideas yet. I don't know if they're authentic, but I would still like to identify them if possible, so any info that anyone has would be a huge help!!

IMG_4115.JPG

fuss

Jul 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id start at the source of where you got them, typically gift shops have rocks/minerals somewhat labeled.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lizzy1370

Sep 2, 2019
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
Id start at the source of where you got them, typically gift shops have rocks/minerals somewhat labeled.

I double checked with the place that I got the rocks from, and they only had some of them labelled. These were unlabelled and were grouped with other types of rocks, and the people working there did not know the types.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking at them the light yellow, I'd call it smokey, one appears to be agate as does the purple colored one, its been dyed. The green one next to the yellow looks to be chryscolla and the last two green ones possibly malachite or jadeite material. A mixed bag but nice. My opinion.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lizzy1370

Sep 2, 2019
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you so much for your help!! I'll definitely look more into each type and keep your answers in mind!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread