Help with this find.

diveplam

Dec 21, 2021
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse AQ1B, Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Interesting. I will ask knowledgeable colleagues to share on the subject. For me, lead is not a suitable material for a hearth.

Last edited:

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Check the pins, spikes for initials, GME has found hundreds and hundreds of these pieces and some from one ship had an FV stamped on it, turns out this guy invented the beer tap, or one of them

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Check the pins, spikes for initials, GME has found hundreds and hundreds of these pieces and some from one ship had an FV stamped on it, turns out this guy invented the beer tap, or one of them
In Fact when Jason Nowell worked at GME he is the one that did the research on this artifact as he was the conservator for GME at the time.

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpg
    IMG_2938.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In Fact when Jason Nowell worked at GME he is the one that did the research on this artifact as he was the conservator for GME at the time.
GME also found many artifacts in the DR with markings, of weight, dates, name of makers, origin, etc. such as cannon balls, cannon, anchors, tools, pewter plates and ware, bronze nested weights, bells,
But if you ask an archaeologist that works for the State of Florida they will say nothing has markings on it. hmmm makes you wonder where they went to school

OP
OP
P

Pichifliguen

Oct 17, 2022
I can't see any legible marks on the spikes, to be hones there are many marks but they are mor like scratch and rust marks.

OP
OP
P

Pichifliguen

Oct 17, 2022
I'm trying to clean the spikes the best I can hoping I can uncover some markings. Thank you guys for your comments!

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
GME also found many artifacts in the DR with markings, of weight, dates, name of makers, origin, etc. such as cannon balls, cannon, anchors, tools, pewter plates and ware, bronze nested weights, bells,
But if you ask an archaeologist that works for the State of Florida they will say nothing has markings on it. hmmm makes you wonder where they went to school
Sorry the image is upside down

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread