Help with Token ID

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
I have tried to research this through the net but have yet to come up with anything. Can any of you Token experts please tell me what this is and how rare.

Front:
J. zagar
n. 6th st.
K:C.K.

Back:
Good for 5 in trade

Thanks!
Michael

Attachments

• token.jpg
    token.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 313
  • token back.jpg
    token back.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 315

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Mackaydon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: another token mystery solved. Thanks again for helping me with mine.BFL&CO
from Ogden,Utah.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
John Zagar is listed in the 1938 Polk's City Directory for Kansas City, MO as a tailor at 417 N. 6th Street, and in the 1947-48 directory as beer at that same address. I imagine that he wasn't making enough money in the tailor business, so he converted the storefront to a tavern. If you plug the address into Google Street View, there is a nice photo of the intersection where his business was. There is one tavern-looking building there that might be it (now called Fat Matt's Vortex) or a couple of vacant lots.

The piece is not listed in Waken's KS book and I don't have the more recent KS book by Glass & O'Connor to see if it is there. Most tokens from big cities don't command much of a premium, so I would guess this would sell for $10 at the most on ePay.

John in ID

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idaho, you also deserve a BIG THANKS for all your knowledge on tokens. It's much appreciative. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cherryman68

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Thank you guys so much for the information. I also enjoy the history behind these old jewels. I can't believe you found it so quickly I looked for a couple of weeks before asking, but I guess I didn't know where to look.

I do not collect Tokens so if any one wants to trade this and a Missouri red tax token just PM me.

The only token I keep is the first one I ever found, an aluminum Colgate-pomolive-Pitts buy 3 get 2 free token.

Again thanks so much for the info!

HH
Michael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread